Questions about downloading

Robert Smits
At this point I have not yet begun downloading statements and adding them to
Gnucash.

At my credit union, I have the choice of the following formats to download my
accounts in; Quicken, Quickbooks, Microsoft Money, Simply Accounting, Comma
Delimited or pdf.

Any suggestion about which format would be best suited to import into Gnucash?

Second, how do I deal with the date discrepancies?

I've always entered my deposits, cheques, transfers, etc as they're done, but
my credit union, of course, only sees the cheque when it clears - anywhere
from a couple of days to a week after it's written. Will Gnucash change dates
or show two cheques - one entered the day I wrote the cheque, one when it
cleared?

If I sound a little confused, I am.

Bob.

Re: Questions about downloading

sunfish62
I use the Money OFX format; it seems to match transactions better for me than the QIF importer. Mind you, the QIF importer routine has been heavily modified in recent months.

As for date discrepancies, as others have said in these forums before, the date that matters from your perspective is YOUR date. So, put the date you wrote on the check into Gnucash. The reconciliation will be able to match these up even if the dates don't match. All that really matters at the end is that you and your bank agree on how much money is left.

HTH,
David