Program Crashed Using AqBanking Wizard

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Program Crashed Using AqBanking Wizard

Scott Reid
While trying to connect to my 'Navy Federal Credit Union" accounts via HBCI
backend the program crashed sometime after putting in my PASSWORD. As far as
I know everything was going fine until then.

 

After returning to the program user was setup, but lists the wrong country.
I tried to correct that and get accounts, but am getting the following
message:

 

15:11:46 Could not lock user 49183 (-109)

15:11:46 Unable to lock users

15:11:46 Operation finished, you can now close this window.

 

I have even tried deleting the user, but I get an "Error deleting user -
109".

 

Is there a problem at my end, the bank end or somewhere in between?



---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus
_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Program Crashed Using AqBanking Wizard

John Ralls-2

> On Jun 1, 2016, at 12:52 AM, Scott Reid <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> While trying to connect to my 'Navy Federal Credit Union" accounts via HBCI
> backend the program crashed sometime after putting in my PASSWORD. As far as
> I know everything was going fine until then.
>
>
>
> After returning to the program user was setup, but lists the wrong country.
> I tried to correct that and get accounts, but am getting the following
> message:
>
>
>
> 15:11:46 Could not lock user 49183 (-109)
>
> 15:11:46 Unable to lock users
>
> 15:11:46 Operation finished, you can now close this window.
>
>
>
> I have even tried deleting the user, but I get an "Error deleting user -
> 109".
>
>
>
> Is there a problem at my end, the bank end or somewhere in between?

Sounds like the crash might have left your .aqbanking directory in an uncertain state. If you're willing to delete all of AQBanking's state and start over, you can just delete that directory. If you have a backup of it from before the crash you could restore that.

NFCU can do HBCI? Is that an office in Europe? (US Banks generally use OFX rather than HBCI if they support online banking.)

Regards,
John Ralls


_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Program Crashed Using AqBanking Wizard

John Ralls-2

> On Jun 5, 2016, at 4:56 PM, Scott Reid <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Which aqbanking directory, there is more than one of them?

Please remember to copy the list on all replies so that everyone can help and benefit.

There should be only one aqbanking directory. It will be in your home directory and named .aqbanking. Note that it will be hidden on Unix and by extension Mac OS X.

Regards,
John Ralls

>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: John Ralls [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Sent: Thursday, June 2, 2016 8:03 AM
> To: Scott Reid
> Cc: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: Program Crashed Using AqBanking Wizard
>
>
>> On Jun 1, 2016, at 12:52 AM, Scott Reid <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> While trying to connect to my 'Navy Federal Credit Union" accounts via
>> HBCI backend the program crashed sometime after putting in my
>> PASSWORD. As far as I know everything was going fine until then.
>>
>>
>>
>> After returning to the program user was setup, but lists the wrong
> country.
>> I tried to correct that and get accounts, but am getting the following
>> message:
>>
>>
>>
>> 15:11:46 Could not lock user 49183 (-109)
>>
>> 15:11:46 Unable to lock users
>>
>> 15:11:46 Operation finished, you can now close this window.
>>
>>
>>
>> I have even tried deleting the user, but I get an "Error deleting user
>> - 109".
>>
>>
>>
>> Is there a problem at my end, the bank end or somewhere in between?
>
> Sounds like the crash might have left your .aqbanking directory in an
> uncertain state. If you're willing to delete all of AQBanking's state and
> start over, you can just delete that directory. If you have a backup of it
> from before the crash you could restore that.
>
> NFCU can do HBCI? Is that an office in Europe? (US Banks generally use OFX
> rather than HBCI if they support online banking.)
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls
>
>
> ---
> This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
> https://www.avast.com/antivirus
>
>
> ---
> This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
> https://www.avast.com/antivirus
>


_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Program Crashed Using AqBanking Wizard

randix
In reply to this post by Scott Reid
you should always have a backup of the aqbanking folder before you fiddle with those settings. has saved my butt a zillion times.