Problems running GnuCash 1.9.0 on kubuntu 5.10

Problems running GnuCash 1.9.0 on kubuntu 5.10

Aaron Larson-3

I've been a very happy user of gnucash now for several years, and with
the release of 1.9.0 decided I should try to give back by being a
tester, but I'm having trouble running my newly built version:

I'm using Kubuntu 5.10 (pretty fresh install), and installed the 1.9
source tarball, and using the package manager downloaded all the
dependencies to build gnucash (this is my first attempt to build
gnucash).  It went better than "nightmare" with the only interesting
case being the missing g-wrap-wct.h file as described in
http://blog.moria.org.uk/computers/code/g-wrap

I created the file as described in that message, and 1.9 builds:

  ./configure --prefix=/tmp/gnucash/
  make
  make install

I created a new user and ran gnucash in that user's home directory.
gnucash popped up the "Cannot find default values" dialog indicating
that the configuration files were not in their expected location and
offered to do the setup for me.  I selected "setup" then all default
options.  1.9 then died with:

  <unnamed port>: In procedure scm-error in expression (scm-error (quote misc-error) #f ...):
  <unnamed port>: no code for module (g-wrap gw standard)

I've found lots of references to this sort of error, but all about
building, not running.  Note that GnuCash 1.8.10 is also installed on
this machine.  I can get a fresh machine without gnucash installed and
rebuild if that is necessary, or provide additional details of machine
configuration, etc.

Like I said above, I was hoping to be helpful, so, only respond if
it seems worth your while.  I can certainly wait for a packaged
distro.

Re: Problems running GnuCash 1.9.0 on kubuntu 5.10

Derek Atkins
Can you try:

  make distclean
  ./configure
  make
  make install

Does that solve the problem?

-derek

Quoting Aaron Larson <[hidden email]>:

> I've been a very happy user of gnucash now for several years, and with
> the release of 1.9.0 decided I should try to give back by being a
> tester, but I'm having trouble running my newly built version:
>
> I'm using Kubuntu 5.10 (pretty fresh install), and installed the 1.9
> source tarball, and using the package manager downloaded all the
> dependencies to build gnucash (this is my first attempt to build
> gnucash).  It went better than "nightmare" with the only interesting
> case being the missing g-wrap-wct.h file as described in
> http://blog.moria.org.uk/computers/code/g-wrap
>
> I created the file as described in that message, and 1.9 builds:
>
>  ./configure --prefix=/tmp/gnucash/
>  make
>  make install
>
> I created a new user and ran gnucash in that user's home directory.
> gnucash popped up the "Cannot find default values" dialog indicating
> that the configuration files were not in their expected location and
> offered to do the setup for me.  I selected "setup" then all default
> options.  1.9 then died with:
>
>  <unnamed port>: In procedure scm-error in expression (scm-error
> (quote misc-error) #f ...):
>  <unnamed port>: no code for module (g-wrap gw standard)
>
> I've found lots of references to this sort of error, but all about
> building, not running.  Note that GnuCash 1.8.10 is also installed on
> this machine.  I can get a fresh machine without gnucash installed and
> rebuild if that is necessary, or provide additional details of machine
> configuration, etc.
>
> Like I said above, I was hoping to be helpful, so, only respond if
> it seems worth your while.  I can certainly wait for a packaged
> distro.

Re: Problems running GnuCash 1.9.0 on kubuntu 5.10

Aaron Larson-3
I did something close.

 make distclean
./configure --prefix=/tmp/gnucash
make
make install

Same result.  If the --prefix is the likely problem, I'll have to
rebuild my test machine with kubuntu 5.10 (its currently running
a kubunto drapper release candiate) before I can try again.

DA> Can you try:
DA>   make distclean
DA>   ./configure
DA>   make
DA>   make install

DA> Does that solve the problem?

DA> -derek

DA> Quoting Aaron Larson <[hidden email]>:

>> I've been a very happy user of gnucash now for several years, and with
>> the release of 1.9.0 decided I should try to give back by being a
>> tester, but I'm having trouble running my newly built version:
>>
>> I'm using Kubuntu 5.10 (pretty fresh install), and installed the 1.9
>> source tarball, and using the package manager downloaded all the
>> dependencies to build gnucash (this is my first attempt to build
>> gnucash).  It went better than "nightmare" with the only interesting
>> case being the missing g-wrap-wct.h file as described in
>> http://blog.moria.org.uk/computers/code/g-wrap
>>
>> I created the file as described in that message, and 1.9 builds:
>>
>> ./configure --prefix=/tmp/gnucash/
>> make
>> make install
>>
>> I created a new user and ran gnucash in that user's home directory.
>> gnucash popped up the "Cannot find default values" dialog indicating
>> that the configuration files were not in their expected location and
>> offered to do the setup for me.  I selected "setup" then all default
>> options.  1.9 then died with:
>>
>> <unnamed port>: In procedure scm-error in expression (scm-error
>> (quote misc-error) #f ...):
>> <unnamed port>: no code for module (g-wrap gw standard)
>>
>> I've found lots of references to this sort of error, but all about
>> building, not running.  Note that GnuCash 1.8.10 is also installed on
>> this machine.  I can get a fresh machine without gnucash installed and
>> rebuild if that is necessary, or provide additional details of machine
>> configuration, etc.
>>
>> Like I said above, I was hoping to be helpful, so, only respond if
>> it seems worth your while.  I can certainly wait for a packaged
>> distro.

DA> --
DA>        Derek Atkins, SB '93 MIT EE, SM '95 MIT Media Laboratory
DA>        Member, MIT Student Information Processing Board  (SIPB)
DA>        [hidden email]                        PGP key available

Re: Problems running GnuCash 1.9.0 on kubuntu 5.10

Tim Wunder (Lists)
On Saturday 11 February 2006 1:24 pm, someone claiming to be Aaron Larson
wrote:
> I did something close.
>
>  make distclean
> ./configure --prefix=/tmp/gnucash
<snip>

/tmp should definately not be used. Use /opt/gnucash, or /usr/local

HTH,
Tim
--
Fedora Core release 4 (Stentz), Linux 2.6.15-1.1831_FC4
KDE: 3.5.1-1.3.fc4.kde, xorg-x11-6.8.2-37.FC4.49.2

Re: Problems running GnuCash 1.9.0 on kubuntu 5.10

What do you get from:

  find /usr -name gw-standard\*

Also, is the error "gw standard" or "gw-standard"?

-derek

Quoting Aaron Larson <[hidden email]>:

> I did something close.
>
> make distclean
> ./configure --prefix=/tmp/gnucash
> make
> make install
>
> Same result.  If the --prefix is the likely problem, I'll have to
> rebuild my test machine with kubuntu 5.10 (its currently running
> a kubunto drapper release candiate) before I can try again.

> DA> Can you try:
> DA>   make distclean
> DA>   ./configure
> DA>   make
> DA>   make install
>
> DA> Does that solve the problem?
>
> DA> -derek
>
> DA> Quoting Aaron Larson <[hidden email]>:
>

>>> I've been a very happy user of gnucash now for several years, and with
>>> the release of 1.9.0 decided I should try to give back by being a
>>> tester, but I'm having trouble running my newly built version:
>>>
>>> I'm using Kubuntu 5.10 (pretty fresh install), and installed the 1.9
>>> source tarball, and using the package manager downloaded all the
>>> dependencies to build gnucash (this is my first attempt to build
>>> gnucash).  It went better than "nightmare" with the only interesting
>>> case being the missing g-wrap-wct.h file as described in
>>> http://blog.moria.org.uk/computers/code/g-wrap
>>>
>>> I created the file as described in that message, and 1.9 builds:
>>>
>>> ./configure --prefix=/tmp/gnucash/
>>> make
>>> make install
>>>
>>> I created a new user and ran gnucash in that user's home directory.
>>> gnucash popped up the "Cannot find default values" dialog indicating
>>> that the configuration files were not in their expected location and
>>> offered to do the setup for me.  I selected "setup" then all default
>>> options.  1.9 then died with:
>>>
>>> <unnamed port>: In procedure scm-error in expression (scm-error
>>> (quote misc-error) #f ...):
>>> <unnamed port>: no code for module (g-wrap gw standard)
>>>
>>> I've found lots of references to this sort of error, but all about
>>> building, not running.  Note that GnuCash 1.8.10 is also installed on
>>> this machine.  I can get a fresh machine without gnucash installed and
>>> rebuild if that is necessary, or provide additional details of machine
>>> configuration, etc.
>>>
>>> Like I said above, I was hoping to be helpful, so, only respond if
>>> it seems worth your while.  I can certainly wait for a packaged
>>> distro.

> DA> --
> DA>        Derek Atkins, SB '93 MIT EE, SM '95 MIT Media Laboratory
> DA>        Member, MIT Student Information Processing Board  (SIPB)
> DA>        [hidden email]                        PGP key available

Re: Problems running GnuCash 1.9.0 on kubuntu 5.10

Tommi Vainikainen-4
(I just subscribed making it harder to quote...)

I got also same error when running in my Debian (sid).

  <unnamed port>: no code for module (g-wrap gw standard)

I got it fixed by installing package "guile-g-wrap" with aptitude. I
guess that this also works in kubuntu.

--
Tommi Vainikainen

Re: Problems running GnuCash 1.9.0 on kubuntu 5.10

Aaron Larson-3

DA> What do you get from:
DA>   find /usr -name gw-standard\*

alarson@aaron2:/home/tmp/gnucash/gnucash-1.9.0$ find /usr -name gw-standard\*
find: /usr/share/dpsyco: Permission denied
/usr/share/guile/g-wrap/gw-standard-spec.scm
/usr/share/guile/g-wrap/gw-standard.scm
/usr/share/guile/site/g-wrap/gw-standard-spec.scm

rlarson@aaron2:/tmp/gnucash/bin$ ./gnucash
<unnamed port>: In procedure scm-error in expression (scm-error (quote misc-error) #f ...):
<unnamed port>: no code for module (g-wrap gw standard)
rlarson@aaron2:/tmp/gnucash/bin$

DA> -derek

DA> Quoting Aaron Larson <[hidden email]>:

>> I did something close.
>>
>> make distclean
>> ./configure --prefix=/tmp/gnucash
>> make
>> make install
>>
>> Same result.  If the --prefix is the likely problem, I'll have to
>> rebuild my test machine with kubuntu 5.10 (its currently running
>> a kubunto drapper release candiate) before I can try again.

DA> Can you try:
DA> make distclean
DA> ./configure
DA> make
DA> make install
>>
DA> Does that solve the problem?
>>
DA> -derek

DA> --
DA> Derek Atkins, SB '93 MIT EE, SM '95 MIT Media Laboratory
DA> Member, MIT Student Information Processing Board  (SIPB)
DA> [hidden email]                        PGP key available
>>

DA> --
DA>        Derek Atkins, SB '93 MIT EE, SM '95 MIT Media Laboratory
DA>        Member, MIT Student Information Processing Board  (SIPB)
DA>        [hidden email]                        PGP key available

Re: Problems running GnuCash 1.9.0 on kubuntu 5.10

Derek Atkins
Ah, right.. that's a 1.9.6-ism.   Are you perhaps missing the
guile-g-wrap package?

-derek

> DA> What do you get from:
> DA>   find /usr -name gw-standard\*
>
> alarson@aaron2:/home/tmp/gnucash/gnucash-1.9.0$ find /usr -name gw-standard\*
> find: /usr/share/dpsyco: Permission denied
> /usr/share/guile/g-wrap/gw-standard-spec.scm
> /usr/share/guile/g-wrap/gw-standard.scm
> /usr/share/guile/site/g-wrap/gw-standard-spec.scm
> alarson@aaron2:/home/tmp/gnucash/gnucash-1.9.0$
>
> DA> Also, is the error "gw standard" or "gw-standard"?
>
> rlarson@aaron2:/tmp/gnucash/bin$ ./gnucash
> <unnamed port>: In procedure scm-error in expression (scm-error
> (quote misc-error) #f ...):
> <unnamed port>: no code for module (g-wrap gw standard)
> rlarson@aaron2:/tmp/gnucash/bin$
>
> DA> -derek
>
> DA> Quoting Aaron Larson <[hidden email]>:
>
>>> I did something close.
>>>
>>> make distclean
>>> ./configure --prefix=/tmp/gnucash
>>> make
>>> make install
>>>
>>> Same result.  If the --prefix is the likely problem, I'll have to
>>> rebuild my test machine with kubuntu 5.10 (its currently running
>>> a kubunto drapper release candiate) before I can try again.

> DA> Can you try:
> DA> make distclean
> DA> ./configure
> DA> make
> DA> make install
>>>
> DA> Does that solve the problem?
>>>
> DA> -derek

> DA> --
> DA> Derek Atkins, SB '93 MIT EE, SM '95 MIT Media Laboratory
> DA> Member, MIT Student Information Processing Board  (SIPB)
> DA> [hidden email]                        PGP key available
>>>

> DA> --
> DA>        Derek Atkins, SB '93 MIT EE, SM '95 MIT Media Laboratory
> DA>        Member, MIT Student Information Processing Board  (SIPB)
> DA>        [hidden email]                        PGP key available

Re: Problems running GnuCash 1.9.0 on kubuntu 5.10

Aaron Larson-3

TV> (I just subscribed making it harder to quote...)
TV>
TV> I got also same error when running in my Debian (sid).
TV>
TV>   <unnamed port>: no code for module (g-wrap gw standard)
TV>
TV> I got it fixed by installing package "guile-g-wrap" with aptitude. I
TV> guess that this also works in kubuntu.

Thanks, that got it.  Perhaps this is a good place to mention that I
was pretty confused when installing the dependencies mentioned in
http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/browser/gnucash/trunk/README.dependencies
The packages listed in the ubuntu 5.10 section don't seem to match
what I had to install (the package names were somewhat different,
e.g., I had to install libglib2.0-0 in order to get
glib2-2.8.3-0ubuntu1 installed), so perhaps I missed something.  It
seems like it would be "a good idea" to have a package specification,
or an apt-get command line, or something that would retrieve the
required packages.  Pointers to such a thing would be appreciated, or
if it doesn't exist and its a good idea to have one, suggestions for
what form it should take and where I could construct it are solicited.

Now, I think I have my first (mini) bug.  When opening a file that the
user doesn't have read access to, the error is a bit cryptic:

  The file type of file <FILENAME> is unknown.

Rather than some permission error.  It had me thinking I missed some
upgrade note or something indicating the file format had changed.  I
couldn't find a reference to this in Bugzilla.  Is this sort of thing
considered "bug worthy"?

I must say my first impression of 1.9 is "wow"!  Nice job folks.

Re: Problems running GnuCash 1.9.0 on kubuntu 5.10

Neil Williams-2
On Sunday 12 February 2006 1:44 am, Aaron Larson wrote:
> Thanks, that got it.  Perhaps this is a good place to mention that I
> was pretty confused when installing the dependencies mentioned in
> http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/browser/gnucash/trunk/README.dependencies
> The packages listed in the ubuntu 5.10 section don't seem to match
> what I had to install

If you've got a record of what you did install or just have a list of package
names and versions from 'dpkg -l' to replace the ones that don't exist on
Ubuntu, send them to the list as a patch for README.dependencies. I don't
know if Ubuntu changes package names between releases - would package names
in Breezy be any different to Dapper?

> It
> seems like it would be "a good idea" to have a package specification,
> or an apt-get command line, or something that would retrieve the
> required packages.

If you have an update from your own setup, send it in. The need for so many
libg* libraries is because you're running Kubuntu which is predisposed to
KDE, IIRC. It may merit a different section in README.dependencies compared
to Ubuntu which may carry some of the gnome libraries by default.

Remember, gnucash has been updated to Gnome2 libraries but those are still
Gnome libraries, not KDE ones. It will run under KDE (I do it that way) - it
just needs some libraries, not the entire Gnome desktop.

> Pointers to such a thing would be appreciated, or
> if it doesn't exist and its a good idea to have one, suggestions for
> what form it should take and where I could construct it are solicited.

OK. If you know which packages are different:
$ dpkg -l <package-name>
will give you what we need for that package. (that's a lower-case L if it's
unclear.)

> Now, I think I have my first (mini) bug.  When opening a file that the
> user doesn't have read access to, the error is a bit cryptic:
>
>   The file type of file <FILENAME> is unknown.

I know how that happens - gnucash tries to identify the file by letting each
backend try to open it in turn. If none can open it, it complains that it
cannot understand which type of file it is meant to be. We can't use
mimetypes to distinguish the forms (as two are text/xml and we've never
enforced a mime-type on old files) so we do have to open the file to
determine the type.

> Rather than some permission error.

I think we can determine if the problem is the wrong type or the wrong
permissions - probably by trying a fopen() fclose() prior to trying to
determine the type.

The best thing is to submit this to Bugzilla.

> It had me thinking I missed some
> upgrade note or something indicating the file format had changed.  I
> couldn't find a reference to this in Bugzilla.  Is this sort of thing
> considered "bug worthy"?

Yes. If error messages are not helpful or actually misleading, that is a bug.
(normal severity).

--

Neil Williams

On Sunday 12 February 2006 12:31 am, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Ah, right.. that's a 1.9.6-ism.   Are you perhaps missing the
> guile-g-wrap package?
>
> -derek

This has tripped up other users as well,
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=330560

Isn't there some way configure can check for guile-g-wrap?
Maybe check for libgw-guile-standard.so ?

--

Neil Williams

Neil Williams <[hidden email]> writes:

> Isn't there some way configure can check for guile-g-wrap?
> Maybe check for libgw-guile-standard.so ?

This is a g-wrap-1.9'ism -- the check would fail for users using
g-wrap 1.3.4.

Now, what we COULD do is fix the 'g-wrap usability' test in configure
so that it tries to use this part of g-wrap.  But honestly, this is a
packaging issue.  guile-g-wrap is a runtime dependency, not a
build-time dependency.

Re: Problems running GnuCash 1.9.0 on kubuntu 5.10

Neil Williams <[hidden email]> writes:

>> Now, I think I have my first (mini) bug.  When opening a file that the
>> user doesn't have read access to, the error is a bit cryptic:
>>
>>   The file type of file <FILENAME> is unknown.
>
> I know how that happens - gnucash tries to identify the file by letting each
> backend try to open it in turn. If none can open it, it complains that it
> cannot understand which type of file it is meant to be. We can't use
> mimetypes to distinguish the forms (as two are text/xml and we've never
> enforced a mime-type on old files) so we do have to open the file to
> determine the type.

Well, the other option is to actually pass the error up the stack
so that the caller can get a GNC_BACKEND_ERR_FILE_INACCESSIBLE (or
something like that) up the stack..  I've seen similar error-hiding
as a result of qof_session_export() not passing the error up the
stack.  :(

On Sunday 12 February 2006 4:47 pm, Derek Atkins wrote:

> > I know how that happens - gnucash tries to identify the file by letting
> > each backend try to open it in turn. If none can open it, it complains
> > that it cannot understand which type of file it is meant to be. We can't
> > use mimetypes to distinguish the forms (as two are text/xml and we've
> > never enforced a mime-type on old files) so we do have to open the file
> > to determine the type.
>
> Well, the other option is to actually pass the error up the stack
> so that the caller can get a GNC_BACKEND_ERR_FILE_INACCESSIBLE (or
> something like that) up the stack..
But when trying to determine the type, all we know is if it is the correct
type or not. In QSF, I'm implementing :
f=fopen(path, "r");
if(!f){ qof_backend_set_error(...);}
fclose(f);
block that sets a new QofBackendError: ERR_FILEIO_READ_ERROR at the start of
the file type check which I can also implement in gnucash. So at least then,
if we can't open the file for reading, we can set a backend error and quit
the load.

I'm still sorting out recursive copies.  I've got G2 to produce a 1.1Mb QSF
XML file containing all my invoice data : gncInvoice, gncBillTerm, Account,
Transaction, gncCustomer, gncJob, everything referenced by a gncInvoice is
copied. Once sorted, I'll see about exporting individual invoices in this
way. Right now, I've still got awkward problems with collections.

--

Neil Williams

Re: Problems running GnuCash 1.9.0 on kubuntu 5.10

Aaron Larson-3
NW> Neil Williams

> Now, I think I have my first (mini) bug.  When opening a file that
> the user doesn't have read access to, the error is a bit cryptic:

>   The file type of file <FILENAME> is unknown.

NW> The best thing is to submit this to Bugzilla.

Done.

http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=330932

I included some of the preceeding discussion on this topic in the bug
commentary.  I wasn't sure if I should add the people who commented on
the bug to the bug's CC list or not, so I didn't.

Re: Problems running GnuCash 1.9.0 on kubuntu 5.10

Aaron Larson-3
NW> Neil Williams
AL> Aaron Larson

AL> ...  Perhaps this is a good place to mention that I was pretty
AL> confused when installing the dependencies mentioned in
AL> http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/browser/gnucash/trunk/README.dependencies
AL> The packages listed in the ubuntu 5.10 section don't seem to match
AL> what I had to install

NW> If you've got a record of what you did install or just have a list
NW> of package names and versions from 'dpkg -l' to replace the ones
NW> that don't exist on Ubuntu, send them to the list as a patch for
NW> README.dependencies. I don't know if Ubuntu changes package names
NW> between releases - would package names in Breezy be any different
NW> to Dapper?

Sorry for the following mess.  Since I started this endeavor, ATI
released new video drivers and in debugging some "Big Desktop" issues
I ended up spuriously installing lots of gnome libraries (don't ask).
I'm in the process of setting up a test machine that I can use to
verify building/installing from a clean distribution and when I get
that setup, I can post a trimmed list, and a brief howto (for the
wiki?) if that's useful.

Here's dpkg -l from with the list of package names from
README.dependencies:

alarson@aaron2:~/gnucash$ dpkg -l '*aqbanking*' '*cairo*' '*gconf2*' '*glib2*' '*gtk+2*' '*guile*' '*gwrap*' '*libart2*' '*libglade2*' '*libgnomeprint2.2*' '*libgnomeui2*' '*libgsf1*' '*gtkhtml3*' '*libofx*' '*libxml2*' '*pango*'
No packages found matching *aqbanking*.
No packages found matching *gtk+2*.
No packages found matching *libgnomeui2*.
No packages found matching *libgsf1*.
||/ Name                     Version                  Description
+++-========================-========================-================================================================
ii  gconf2                   2.12.0-0ubuntu1          GNOME configuration database system. (daemon and tools, for GNOM
ii  gtkhtml3.8               3.8.1-0ubuntu1           HTML rendering/editing library - bonobo component binary
un  guile                    <none>                   (no description available)
ii  guile-1.6                1.6.7-1ubuntu3           The GNU extension language and Scheme interpreter
ii  guile-1.6-dev            1.6.7-1ubuntu3           Development files for Guile 1.6
un  guile-1.6-doc            <none>                   (no description available)
ii  guile-1.6-libs           1.6.7-1ubuntu3           Main Guile libraries
ii  guile-1.6-slib           1.6.7-1ubuntu3           Guile SLIB support
ii  guile-g-wrap             1.9.6-2ubuntu2           scripting interface generator for C - Guile runtime
ii  guile-library            0.1.2-1                  Library of useful Guile modules
ii  libart2                  1.4.2-20                 The GNOME canvas widget - runtime files
un  libcairo                 <none>                   (no description available)
un  libcairo-dev             <none>                   (no description available)
un  libcairo0.5.1            <none>                   (no description available)
un  libcairo0.5.1-dev        <none>                   (no description available)
un  libcairo0.6.0            <none>                   (no description available)
un  libcairo0.6.0-dev        <none>                   (no description available)
un  libcairo0.9.0            <none>                   (no description available)
un  libcairo0.9.0-dev        <none>                   (no description available)
ii  libcairo2                1.0.2-0ubuntu1           The Cairo 2D vector graphics library
ii  libcairo2-dev            1.0.2-0ubuntu1           Development files for the Cairo 2D graphics library
un  libcairo2-doc            <none>                   (no description available)
un  libgconf2-2              <none>                   (no description available)
ii  libgconf2-4              2.12.0-0ubuntu1          GNOME configuration database system libraries (for GNOME2)
ii  libgconf2-dev            2.12.0-0ubuntu1          GNOME configuration database system development files. (for GNOM
ii  libglade2-0              2.5.1-2ubuntu1           library to load .glade files at runtime
ii  libglade2-dev            2.5.1-2ubuntu1           development files for libglade
ii  libglib2.0-0             2.8.3-0ubuntu1           The GLib library of C routines
un  libglib2.0-data          <none>                   (no description available)
ii  libglib2.0-dev           2.8.3-0ubuntu1           Development files for the GLib library
un  libglib2.0-doc           <none>                   (no description available)
ii  libgnomeprint2.2-0       2.12.1-0ubuntu1          The GNOME 2.2 print architecture - runtime files
ii  libgnomeprint2.2-data    2.12.1-0ubuntu1          The GNOME 2.2 print architecture - data files
ii  libgnomeprint2.2-dev     2.12.1-0ubuntu1          The GNOME 2.2 print architecture - development files
ii  libgtkhtml3.8-15         3.8.1-0ubuntu1           HTML rendering/editing library - runtime files
ii  libgtkhtml3.8-dev        3.8.1-0ubuntu1           HTML rendering/editing library - development files
un  libguile-dev             <none>                   (no description available)
ii  libguile-ltdl-1          1.6.7-1ubuntu3           Guile's patched version of libtool's libltdl
ii  libgwrap-runtime0        1.9.6-2ubuntu2           scripting interface generator for C - runtime
ii  libgwrap-runtime0-dev    1.9.6-2ubuntu2           scripting interface generator for C - development files
un  libgwrapguile-dev        <none>                   (no description available)
un  libgwrapguile-dev        <none>                   (no description available)
ii  libgwrapguile1           1.3.4-14                 g-wrap: Tool for exporting C libraries into Scheme interpreters
ii  libgwrapguile1           1.3.4-14                 g-wrap: Tool for exporting C libraries into Scheme interpreters
un  libofx1c2                <none>                   (no description available)
ii  libofx2                  0.8.0-3ubuntu8           library to support Open Financial Exchange
un  libpango-common          <none>                   (no description available)
un  libpango-dev             <none>                   (no description available)
un  libpango0                <none>                   (no description available)
ii  libpango1.0-0            1.10.1-0ubuntu1          Layout and rendering of internationalized text
ii  libpango1.0-common       1.10.1-0ubuntu1          Modules and configuration files for the Pango
ii  libpango1.0-dev          1.10.1-0ubuntu1          Development files for the Pango
un  libpango1.0-doc          <none>                   (no description available)
ii  libxml2                  2.6.21-0ubuntu1          GNOME XML library
ii  libxml2-dev              2.6.21-0ubuntu1          Development files for the GNOME XML library
un  libxml2-headers          <none>                   (no description available)
ii  libxml2-utils            2.6.21-0ubuntu1          XML utilities
ii  python2.4-cairo          1.0.0-1ubuntu1           Python 2.4 language bindings for the Cairo vector graphics libra
ii  python2.4-libxml2        2.6.21-0ubuntu1          Python 2.4 bindings for the GNOME XML library

As you can see I never installed anything from aqbanking, and the
gtk+2, libgnomeui2, and libgsf1 package names didn't match.  I didn't
write down the packages that I translated them to when I installed,
but here is a good guess:

alarson@aaron2:~/gnucash$ dpkg -l '*gtk2*' '*gnomeui*' '*gsf*'
||/ Name                     Version                  Description
+++-========================-========================-================================================================
ii  gsfonts                  8.14+v8.11+urw-0.2       Fonts for the Ghostscript interpreter(s)
un  gsfonts-other            <none>                   (no description available)
un  gsfonts-x11              <none>                   (no description available)
un  gtk2-engines-cleanice    <none>                   (no description available)
ii  gtk2-engines-clearlooks  2.6.5-0ubuntu2           the ClearLooks theme engine for GTK+ 2.x
ii  gtk2-engines-crux        2.6.5-0ubuntu2           the Crux theme engine for GTK+ 2.x
un  gtk2-engines-galaxy      <none>                   (no description available)
un  gtk2-engines-glider      <none>                   (no description available)
un  gtk2-engines-gorilla     <none>                   (no description available)
ii  gtk2-engines-gtk-qt      0.60-1ubuntu5            Makes your GTK 2 apps look like Qt ones
un  gtk2-engines-highcontras <none>                   (no description available)
ii  gtk2-engines-industrial  2.6.5-0ubuntu2           'industrial' theme for GTK+ 2.x
ii  gtk2-engines-lighthouseb 2.6.5-0ubuntu2           LighthouseBlue theme for GTK+ 2.x
un  gtk2-engines-magicchicke <none>                   (no description available)
un  gtk2-engines-metal       <none>                   (no description available)
ii  gtk2-engines-mist        2.6.5-0ubuntu2           flat theme for GTK+ 2.x
un  gtk2-engines-nuvola      <none>                   (no description available)
ii  gtk2-engines-pixbuf      2.8.6-0ubuntu2.1         Pixbuf-based theme for GTK+ 2.x
un  gtk2-engines-qtpixmap    <none>                   (no description available)
ii  gtk2-engines-redmond95   2.6.5-0ubuntu2           Windows-like theme for GTK+ 2.x
ii  gtk2-engines-smooth      2.6.5-0ubuntu2           Smooth Engine for GTK+ 2.x
ii  gtk2-engines-spherecryst 0.7-10                   A blue vector theme for GTK+ 2.x
ii  gtk2-engines-thinice     2.6.5-0ubuntu2           the ThinIce theme engine for GTK+ 2.x
un  gtk2-engines-wasp        <none>                   (no description available)
un  gtk2-engines-wonderland  <none>                   (no description available)
un  gtk2-engines-xfce        <none>                   (no description available)
un  gtk2.0-engines-pixbuf    <none>                   (no description available)
un  gtk2.0-engines-redmond95 <none>                   (no description available)
un  gtk2.0-examples          <none>                   (no description available)
ii  libgnomeui-0             2.12.0-0ubuntu1          The GNOME 2 libraries (User Interface) - runtime files
ii  libgnomeui-common        2.12.0-0ubuntu1          The GNOME 2 libraries (User Interface) - common files
ii  libgnomeui-dev           2.12.0-0ubuntu1          The GNOME 2 libraries (User Interface) - development files
un  libgnomeui-doc           <none>                   (no description available)
ii  libgnomeui32             1.4.2-20                 The GNOME libraries (User Interface)
ii  libgsf-1                 1.12.3-3ubuntu3          Structured File Library - runtime version
ii  libgsf-gnome-1           1.12.3-3ubuntu3          Structured File Library - runtime version for GNOME
ii  libgtk2.0-0              2.8.6-0ubuntu2.1         The GTK+ graphical user interface library
un  libgtk2.0-0png3          <none>                   (no description available)
ii  libgtk2.0-bin            2.8.6-0ubuntu2.1         The programs for the GTK+ graphical user interface library
ii  libgtk2.0-common         2.8.6-0ubuntu2.1         Common files for the GTK+ graphical user interface library
un  libgtk2.0-data           <none>                   (no description available)
ii  libgtk2.0-dev            2.8.6-0ubuntu2.1         Development files for the GTK+ library
un  libgtk2.0-doc            <none>                   (no description available)
ii  python-gtk2              2.8.1-0ubuntu2           Python bindings for the GTK+ widget set
un  python2.3-gtk2           <none>                   (no description available)
ii  python2.4-gtk2           2.8.1-0ubuntu2           Python bindings for the GTK+ widget set
un  tamil-gtk2im             <none>                   (no description available)