Printing anything in GnuCash gives me squares!?

Printing anything in GnuCash gives me squares!?

Otis
Just installed 2.01 on MacOSX 10.4.7 - works really well. My only major issue is that all the print reports (even export to PDF seem to output with squares - so there must be some font stuff going wrong someplace - or perhaps some print engine issue?

Cheers,

Otis

Re: Printing anything in GnuCash gives me squares!?

David Reiser
I was thrashing about for a while with font issues, and tried a lot
of things, but I think copying  the local.conf available at  http://
www.gnome.org/fonts/  and putting it in /etc/fonts  was the trick
that at least got me printing.

Dave

On Sep 29, 2006, at 9:16 AM, Otis wrote:

> Just installed 2.01 on MacOSX 10.4.7 - works really well. My only
> major issue
> is that all the print reports (even export to PDF seem to output with
> squares - so there must be some font stuff going wrong someplace - or
> perhaps some print engine issue?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Otis

David Reiser

Re: Printing anything in GnuCash gives me squares!?

Otis
Thanks David - that worked!

Only problem is that one page tool about 3 minutes to print - and just text. Don't seem to be any settings to speed it up.

The PDF prtiner is still printing squares though - I guess the font settings for this are in another place?

Hmmm....

<quote author='David Reiser'>

Dave

On Sep 29, 2006, at 10:49 AM, Otis wrote:

> Thanks David - that worked!
>
> Only problem is that one page tool about 3 minutes to print - and
> just text.
> Don't seem to be any settings to speed it up.

Except that when you aren't using built-in printer fonts, everything
is graphics. But it sure does sound like your font rendering is being
hammered by something. Gnome has caused me lots of font grief.

> The PDF prtiner is still printing squares though - I guess the font
> settings
> for this are in another place?

Sounds like your printer driver and the pdf driver make different
decisions for font substitution/rendering.

--
David Reiser