Printing Hard Copy

rj ruble
How can I print my accounts to hard copy?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: Printing Hard Copy

rj ruble <[hidden email]> writes:

> How can I print my accounts to hard copy?

Generate the appropriate report that shows the accounts as you want, and
then you can print the report.

> Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Re: Printing Hard Copy

Matthew Pounsett
On 3 January 2018 at 13:28, Derek Atkins <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> rj ruble <[hidden email]> writes:
>
> > How can I print my accounts to hard copy?
>
> Generate the appropriate report that shows the accounts as you want, and
> then you can print the report.

Is there a report that reproduces a Basic, Auto-Split, or Transaction
Journal ledger?

OP, I think the answer is, "you can't."   At least not directly from within
GnuCash.  The best I've ever found is to export an account to CSV, hide or
delete the columns I'm not interested in, and print that.

Re: Printing Hard Copy

Maf. King
On Wednesday, 3 January 2018 23:42:14 GMT Matthew Pounsett wrote:

> Is there a report that reproduces a Basic, Auto-Split, or Transaction
> Journal ledger?

Hi,

isn't this what the Account Report is for -  printing the details of a
register view, as filtered / date limited etc.?

Maf.

Re: Printing Hard Copy

rj ruble
Thanks

On Jan 3, 2018 6:59 PM, "Maf. King" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wednesday, 3 January 2018 23:42:14 GMT Matthew Pounsett wrote:
>

> > Is there a report that reproduces a Basic, Auto-Split, or Transaction
> > Journal ledger?
> >

> Hi,
>
> isn't this what the Account Report is for -  printing the details of a
> register view, as filtered / date limited etc.?
>
> Maf.

Re: Printing Hard Copy

I don't think that RJ was clear about what he really wants.  I thought that
he asked for a listing of all the accounts and their current balances
similar to a subset of the CoA.  That should be easy.

David C

On Wed, Jan 3, 2018 at 5:59 PM, Maf. King <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wednesday, 3 January 2018 23:42:14 GMT Matthew Pounsett wrote:
>

> > Is there a report that reproduces a Basic, Auto-Split, or Transaction
> > Journal ledger?
> >

> Hi,
>
> isn't this what the Account Report is for -  printing the details of a
> register view, as filtered / date limited etc.?
>
> Maf.

Re: Printing Hard Copy

Matthew Pounsett <[hidden email]> writes:

> On 3 January 2018 at 13:28, Derek Atkins <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> rj ruble <[hidden email]> writes:
>>
>> > How can I print my accounts to hard copy?
>>
>> Generate the appropriate report that shows the accounts as you want, and
>> then you can print the report.
>>

> Is there a report that reproduces a Basic, Auto-Split, or Transaction
> Journal ledger?

Yes.  Open the register, configure it to how you want (the View menu is
your friend), and then run the Register Report.  That will give you a
printable report of the current register view.