Periods

Adrian Speich
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Periods

Derek Atkins
Adrian Speich <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi
>
> I am completely new to using any kind accounting software, does gnucash
> work as a sort of running total, by that I mean we don't allocate
> transactions to particular period we just have accounts with have
> transactions covering months/years? Or is there a way of allocating
> transactions to periods. Hope I'm not being too unclear.

GnuCash does not have explicit period support.  Transactions are
dated, they are not assigned to a period.  There is no "13th month".

I hope this answers your question.

Re: Periods

Derek Atkins
I should add that the next version of gnucash is adding support to
"close books", where you can after-the-fact go and sort-of assign
transactions to a book..  But this is new code and not well tested.
It still doesn't really implement "13th month" style periods.  It's
more a way to reduce your file size.

-derek