OFX Direct Connect?

Don Levey-3
[hidden email] wrote:

> "Don Levey" <[hidden email]> writes:
>
>> Is anyone using direct interface using HBCI?
>
> Only Germans.
>
> Note that gnucash-1.9 with modern aqbanking and libofx should
> give you OFX Direct Connect, provided you can find your bank's
> OFX URL.
>
> -derek

Is this something which is new with libofx 0.8 and aqbanking > 1.0.4?  I am
not seeing either HBCI or OFX Direct Connect in my v1.9 menus; I got ahold
of the 0.8 RPM of libofx which showed me the following:

error: Failed dependencies:
        libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4) is needed by libofx-0.8.0-2.2.i386
        libcrypto.so.6 is needed by libofx-0.8.0-2.2.i386
        libosp.so.5 is needed by libofx-0.8.0-2.2.i386
        libssl.so.6 is needed by libofx-0.8.0-2.2.i386
        libofx.so.1 is needed by (installed) aqbanking-1.0.4beta-2.i386
        libofx.so.1 is needed by (installed) gnucash-1.8.12-0.fc4.i386

I am assuming that I should remove the old aqbanking and gnucash rpms and
install the new ones in order to get the proper menu options?
 -Don

Re: OFX Direct Connect?

Derek Atkins
Quoting Don Levey <[hidden email]>:

> Is this something which is new with libofx 0.8 and aqbanking > 1.0.4?  I am
> not seeing either HBCI or OFX Direct Connect in my v1.9 menus; I got ahold
> of the 0.8 RPM of libofx which showed me the following:

Yea, you need aqb 1.8 or 1.9 and libofx-0.8 for direct connect.  These RPMs
are in FC5, but not FC4.

> error: Failed dependencies:
>        libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4) is needed by libofx-0.8.0-2.2.i386
>        libcrypto.so.6 is needed by libofx-0.8.0-2.2.i386
>        libosp.so.5 is needed by libofx-0.8.0-2.2.i386
>        libssl.so.6 is needed by libofx-0.8.0-2.2.i386
>        libofx.so.1 is needed by (installed) aqbanking-1.0.4beta-2.i386
>        libofx.so.1 is needed by (installed) gnucash-1.8.12-0.fc4.i386

Hmm...

> I am assuming that I should remove the old aqbanking and gnucash rpms and
> install the new ones in order to get the proper menu options?
> -Don

Yea, looks like you would need to unintall gnucash-1.8 in order to upgrade
the aqb and ofx RPMs.

YMMV.

RE: OFX Direct Connect?

Don Levey-3
[hidden email] wrote:

> Quoting Don Levey <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Is this something which is new with libofx 0.8 and aqbanking >
>> 1.0.4?  I am not seeing either HBCI or OFX Direct Connect in my v1.9
>> menus; I got ahold of the 0.8 RPM of libofx which showed me the
>> following:
>
> Yea, you need aqb 1.8 or 1.9 and libofx-0.8 for direct connect.
> These RPMs are in FC5, but not FC4.
>
>> error: Failed dependencies:
>>        libc.so.6(GLIBC_2.4) is needed by libofx-0.8.0-2.2.i386
>>        libcrypto.so.6 is needed by libofx-0.8.0-2.2.i386
>>        libosp.so.5 is needed by libofx-0.8.0-2.2.i386
>>        libssl.so.6 is needed by libofx-0.8.0-2.2.i386
>>        libofx.so.1 is needed by (installed)
>>        aqbanking-1.0.4beta-2.i386 libofx.so.1 is needed by
>> (installed) gnucash-1.8.12-0.fc4.i386
>
> Hmm...
>
>> I am assuming that I should remove the old aqbanking and gnucash
>> rpms and install the new ones in order to get the proper menu
>> options? -Don
>
> Yea, looks like you would need to unintall gnucash-1.8 in order to
> upgrade the aqb and ofx RPMs.
>
> YMMV.
>
> -derek

It looks, then, like I'll need to wait a little bit until I can get FC5.  In
order to get libofc-0.8, I also need glibc 2.4, which is not really
available for FC4.  While I could build that, I've got an ever-widening web
of dependencies.  Apparently, another month...

 -Don

RE: OFX Direct Connect?

Derek Atkins
Quoting Don Levey <[hidden email]>:

>> Yea, looks like you would need to unintall gnucash-1.8 in order to
>> upgrade the aqb and ofx RPMs.
>>
>> YMMV.
>>
>> -derek
>
> It looks, then, like I'll need to wait a little bit until I can get FC5.  In
> order to get libofc-0.8, I also need glibc 2.4, which is not really
> available for FC4.  While I could build that, I've got an ever-widening web
> of dependencies.  Apparently, another month...

Or you could just rebuild from the FC5t2 SRPMS

RE: OFX Direct Connect?

Don Levey-3
Derek Atkins wrote:

> Quoting Don Levey <[hidden email]>:
>
>>> Yea, looks like you would need to unintall gnucash-1.8 in order to
>>> upgrade the aqb and ofx RPMs.
>>>
>>> YMMV.
>>>
>>> -derek
>>
>> It looks, then, like I'll need to wait a little bit until I can get
>> FC5.  In order to get libofc-0.8, I also need glibc 2.4, which is
>> not really available for FC4.  While I could build that, I've got an
>> ever-widening web of dependencies.  Apparently, another month...
>
> Or you could just rebuild from the FC5t2 SRPMS
>
> -derek

I seem to have enough things depending upon v2.3 of glibc that the number of
rebuild/reinstalls starts to cascade.
 -Don

RE: OFX Direct Connect?

Derek Atkins
Quoting Don Levey <[hidden email]>:

>> Or you could just rebuild from the FC5t2 SRPMS
>>
>> -derek
>
> I seem to have enough things depending upon v2.3 of glibc that the number of
> rebuild/reinstalls starts to cascade.
> -Don

Eh?  You rebuild libofx and aqbanking.  What else do you think you
need to rebuild and pull down?

RE: OFX Direct Connect?

Don Levey-3
Derek Atkins wrote:

> Quoting Don Levey <[hidden email]>:
>
>>> Or you could just rebuild from the FC5t2 SRPMS
>>>
>>> -derek
>>
>> I seem to have enough things depending upon v2.3 of glibc that the
>> number of rebuild/reinstalls starts to cascade.
>> -Don
>
> Eh?  You rebuild libofx and aqbanking.  What else do you think you
> need to rebuild and pull down?
>
> -derek

>From my system, I see that the following depend upon glibc
(rpm -q --whatrequires glibc):
        sed
        authconfig
        prelink
        bluez-hcidump
        ppp
        bluez-bluefw
        bind
        openldap
        vamps

...and the glibc headers, utils, and devel packages.  Running 'rpm -e glibc'
gives a huge list of additional packages that depend upon various libraries.
As I said, I'm not a developer, so I don't know if these *truly* depend upon
that exact version of glibc, but I'm leery of upgrading from 2.3 to 2.4
without making sure that the dpeendencies are all acocunted for in one way
or another.  If you think that the two versions can co-exist on the same
machine, I'll believe you and try it, but is this really possible?

 -Don

RE: OFX Direct Connect?

Derek Atkins
Quoting Don Levey <[hidden email]>:

>> Eh?  You rebuild libofx and aqbanking.  What else do you think you
>> need to rebuild and pull down?
>>
>> -derek
>
>> From my system, I see that the following depend upon glibc
> (rpm -q --whatrequires glibc):

If you're going to //REBUILD FROM SRPM// then where does this come from?
[snip]
> ...and the glibc headers, utils, and devel packages.  Running 'rpm -e glibc'
> gives a huge list of additional packages that depend upon various libraries.
> As I said, I'm not a developer, so I don't know if these *truly* depend upon
> that exact version of glibc, but I'm leery of upgrading from 2.3 to 2.4
> without making sure that the dpeendencies are all acocunted for in one way
> or another.  If you think that the two versions can co-exist on the same
> machine, I'll believe you and try it, but is this really possible?

Why do you think you need to upgrade glibc?  All you need to do is
download the libofx and aqbanking .src.rpm SRPMS and then on FC4:
   rpmbuild --rebuild libofx...src.rpm
   rpm -Uvh /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/libofx*
   rpmbuild --rebuild aqbanking...src.rpm
   rpm -Uvh /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/*aqbanking*

Where does glibc come into this?

RE: OFX Direct Connect?

Don Levey-3
Derek Atkins wrote:

> Why do you think you need to upgrade glibc?  All you need to do is
> download the libofx and aqbanking .src.rpm SRPMS and then on FC4:
>    rpmbuild --rebuild libofx...src.rpm
>    rpm -Uvh /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/libofx*
>    rpmbuild --rebuild aqbanking...src.rpm
>    rpm -Uvh /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/*aqbanking*
>
> Where does glibc come into this?
>
> -derek

Don't I need to remove the old versions of libofx and aqbanking before I
install - or will this procedure deal with it for me?  My normal procedure
for building from source has always been to download the source,
./configure, make, make install.  The above will take care of that? Please
excuse my thickness here; I'm at the edge of my experience.
 -Don

RE: OFX Direct Connect?

Derek Atkins
Quoting Don Levey <[hidden email]>:

> Derek Atkins wrote:
>
>> Why do you think you need to upgrade glibc?  All you need to do is
>> download the libofx and aqbanking .src.rpm SRPMS and then on FC4:
>>    rpmbuild --rebuild libofx...src.rpm
>>    rpm -Uvh /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/libofx*
>>    rpmbuild --rebuild aqbanking...src.rpm
>>    rpm -Uvh /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/*aqbanking*
>>
>> Where does glibc come into this?
>>
>> -derek
>
> Don't I need to remove the old versions of libofx and aqbanking before I
> install - or will this procedure deal with it for me?  My normal procedure
> for building from source has always been to download the source,
> ./configure, make, make install.  The above will take care of that? Please
> excuse my thickness here; I'm at the edge of my experience.
> -Don

This is "rpm 101" stuff.. rpm -Uvh means "Upgrade", so it will replace
the existing libofx with the new RPM.  You'll need to manually remove
gnucash-1.8 first via rpm -e.

RE: OFX Direct Connect?

Don Levey-3
Derek Atkins wrote:

> Quoting Don Levey <[hidden email]>:
>
>> Derek Atkins wrote:
>>
>>> Why do you think you need to upgrade glibc?  All you need to do is
>>> download the libofx and aqbanking .src.rpm SRPMS and then on FC4:
>>>    rpmbuild --rebuild libofx...src.rpm
>>>    rpm -Uvh /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/libofx*
>>>    rpmbuild --rebuild aqbanking...src.rpm
>>>    rpm -Uvh /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/*aqbanking*
>>>
>>> Where does glibc come into this?
>>>
>>> -derek
>>
>> Don't I need to remove the old versions of libofx and aqbanking
>> before I install - or will this procedure deal with it for me?  My
>> normal procedure for building from source has always been to
>> download the source, ./configure, make, make install.  The above
>> will take care of that? Please excuse my thickness here; I'm at the
>> edge of my experience. -Don
>
> This is "rpm 101" stuff.. rpm -Uvh means "Upgrade", so it will replace
> the existing libofx with the new RPM.  You'll need to manually remove
> gnucash-1.8 first via rpm -e.
>
> -derek

My apologies - I'm not thinking this through.  I've done 101, but should
probably do 102 now.

Anyway, libofx requires opensp-devel.  Opensp-devel requires opensp.  Opensp
requires glibc 2.4.  Apparently, that is why I need it, at least installing
from the opensp rpms.  Running from rpmrebuild as you suggest above
completes, but now I get many library conflicts with openjade when I try to
install the RPM.  The openjade package is needed by quite a few things on my
system, including the installed openofx 0.7.

 -Don

RE: OFX Direct Connect?

Derek Atkins
Quoting Don Levey <[hidden email]>:

>> This is "rpm 101" stuff.. rpm -Uvh means "Upgrade", so it will replace
>> the existing libofx with the new RPM.  You'll need to manually remove
>> gnucash-1.8 first via rpm -e.
>>
>> -derek
>
> My apologies - I'm not thinking this through.  I've done 101, but should
> probably do 102 now.
>
> Anyway, libofx requires opensp-devel.  Opensp-devel requires opensp.  Opensp
> requires glibc 2.4.  Apparently, that is why I need it, at least installing
> from the opensp rpms.  Running from rpmrebuild as you suggest above
> completes, but now I get many library conflicts with openjade when I try to
> install the RPM.  The openjade package is needed by quite a few things on my
> system, including the installed openofx 0.7.

EH?   "yum install opensp-devel"
You're BUILDING FROM SOURCE!  The WHOLE POINT is to rebuild libofx
against the FC4 libraries.   Ignore the fact that this is being done
by RPM -- what you're doing here is the same as when you run configure;
make; make install by hand -- the only difference is that RPM does
it for you, and you get the benefit of RPM package management on the
files.

You're thinking to hard about the problem here.   thinking WAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY
too hard.

Did you try doing what I told you to?  Did the rpmbuild fail?  Or are
you just /guessing/ that this is going to be a problem?    Note that
the rpmbuild could fail if package names change and there's a BuildRequires
for the new-package-devel -- in /that/ case you'll need to change the
.spec and change the BuildRequires to the old-package-devel.

> -Don

RE: OFX Direct Connect?

Don Levey-3
Derek Atkins wrote:

> Quoting Don Levey <[hidden email]>:
>
>>> This is "rpm 101" stuff.. rpm -Uvh means "Upgrade", so it will
>>> replace the existing libofx with the new RPM.  You'll need to
>>> manually remove gnucash-1.8 first via rpm -e.
>>>
>>> -derek
>>
>> My apologies - I'm not thinking this through.  I've done 101, but
>> should probably do 102 now.
>>
>> Anyway, libofx requires opensp-devel.  Opensp-devel requires opensp.
>> Opensp requires glibc 2.4.  Apparently, that is why I need it, at
>> least installing from the opensp rpms.  Running from rpmrebuild as
>> you suggest above completes, but now I get many library conflicts
>> with openjade when I try to install the RPM.  The openjade package
>> is needed by quite a few things on my system, including the
>> installed openofx 0.7.
>
> EH?   "yum install opensp-devel"
> You're BUILDING FROM SOURCE!  The WHOLE POINT is to rebuild libofx
> against the FC4 libraries.   Ignore the fact that this is being done
> by RPM -- what you're doing here is the same as when you run
> configure; make; make install by hand -- the only difference is that
> RPM does
> it for you, and you get the benefit of RPM package management on the
> files.
>
> You're thinking to hard about the problem here.   thinking
> WAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY too hard.
>
> Did you try doing what I told you to?  Did the rpmbuild fail?  Or are
> you just /guessing/ that this is going to be a problem?    Note that
> the rpmbuild could fail if package names change and there's a
> BuildRequires for the new-package-devel -- in /that/ case you'll need
> to change the .spec and change the BuildRequires to the
> old-package-devel.

I did try what you suggested.  The rpmbuild did fail - requiring
opensp-devel.  None of the yum repositories I have (Fedora, Dag, Livna, and
XCYB) seem to have that package, so I thought I'd try the exact same
procesure on opensp (rpmbuild --rebuild followed by rpm -Uvh) and
opensp-devel.  Running rpmbuild on opensp seems to give me both packages;
opensp is needed first.  Trying to install THAT gives me the error below.
If you've got a suggestion for an alternate repository, I'd be happy to try
that.

Thank you again for your patience.
 -Don

[root@dauphin gnucash-1.9.0]# rpm -Uvh
/usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/opensp-1.5.2-1.2.i386.rpm
Preparing...                ###########################################
[100%]
        file /usr/bin/onsgmls from install of opensp-1.5.2-1.2 conflicts
with file from package openjade-1.3.2-16
        file /usr/bin/osgmlnorm from install of opensp-1.5.2-1.2 conflicts
with file from package openjade-1.3.2-16
        file /usr/bin/ospam from install of opensp-1.5.2-1.2 conflicts with
file from package openjade-1.3.2-16
        file /usr/bin/ospcat from install of opensp-1.5.2-1.2 conflicts with
file from package openjade-1.3.2-16
        file /usr/bin/ospent from install of opensp-1.5.2-1.2 conflicts with
file from package openjade-1.3.2-16
        file /usr/bin/osx from install of opensp-1.5.2-1.2 conflicts with
file from package openjade-1.3.2-16
        file /usr/share/man/man1/onsgmls.1.gz from install of
opensp-1.5.2-1.2 conflicts with file from package openjade-1.3.2-16
        file /usr/share/man/man1/osgmlnorm.1.gz from install of
opensp-1.5.2-1.2 conflicts with file from package openjade-1.3.2-16
        file /usr/share/man/man1/ospam.1.gz from install of opensp-1.5.2-1.2
conflicts with file from package openjade-1.3.2-16
        file /usr/share/man/man1/ospent.1.gz from install of
opensp-1.5.2-1.2 conflicts with file from package openjade-1.3.2-16
        file /usr/share/man/man1/osx.1.gz from install of opensp-1.5.2-1.2
conflicts with file from package openjade-1.3.2-16

RE: OFX Direct Connect?

Derek Atkins
Quoting Don Levey <[hidden email]>:

> I did try what you suggested.  The rpmbuild did fail - requiring
> opensp-devel.  None of the yum repositories I have (Fedora, Dag, Livna, and
> XCYB) seem to have that package, so I thought I'd try the exact same
> procesure on opensp (rpmbuild --rebuild followed by rpm -Uvh) and
> opensp-devel.  Running rpmbuild on opensp seems to give me both packages;
> opensp is needed first.  Trying to install THAT gives me the error below.
> If you've got a suggestion for an alternate repository, I'd be happy to try
> that.

This is what I meant by "Modify the libofx.spec"..  Instead of using
rpmbuild --rebuild, install the src.rpm:

  rpm -ivh libofx...src.rpm

Then modify /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/libofx.spec and change the BuildRequires
from opensp-devel to openjade-devel, then build it:

  rpmbuild -ba /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/libofx.spec

RE: OFX Direct Connect?

Don Levey-3
[hidden email] wrote:

> Quoting Don Levey <[hidden email]>:
>
>> I did try what you suggested.  The rpmbuild did fail - requiring
>> opensp-devel.  None of the yum repositories I have (Fedora, Dag,
>> Livna, and XCYB) seem to have that package, so I thought I'd try the
>> exact same procesure on opensp (rpmbuild --rebuild followed by rpm
>> -Uvh) and opensp-devel.  Running rpmbuild on opensp seems to give me
>> both packages; opensp is needed first.  Trying to install THAT gives
>> me the error below. If you've got a suggestion for an alternate
>> repository, I'd be happy to try that.
>
> This is what I meant by "Modify the libofx.spec"..  Instead of using
> rpmbuild --rebuild, install the src.rpm:
>
>   rpm -ivh libofx...src.rpm
>
> Then modify /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/libofx.spec and change the
> BuildRequires from opensp-devel to openjade-devel, then build it:
>
>   rpmbuild -ba /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/libofx.spec
>
> -derek

I've done this, and now libofx seems to be installed.  I am trying for
aqbanking.
Running the rpmbuild tells me that I need gwenhywfar-devel:

        error: Failed build dependencies:
        gwenhywfar-devel >= 1.99.2 is needed by aqbanking-1.8.1beta-3.1.i386

I can't find a .src rpm for this.  I *did* find the main package at
SourceForge, downloaded/built/installed 1.99.2, but there doesn't appear to
be a companion -devel bundle (I've seen this before, where the main source
bundle will contain what would be in the two packages).  Even after
installing this, I get the above error.

I can install the aqbanking source and modify the spec file as with libofx;
in this case, should I simply change the BuildRequires from gwenhywfar-devel
to gwenhywfar?

 -Don

RE: OFX Direct Connect?

Derek Atkins
Quoting Don Levey <[hidden email]>:

> I've done this, and now libofx seems to be installed.  I am trying for
> aqbanking.
> Running the rpmbuild tells me that I need gwenhywfar-devel:
>
> error: Failed build dependencies:
>        gwenhywfar-devel >= 1.99.2 is needed by aqbanking-1.8.1beta-3.1.i386
>
> I can't find a .src rpm for this.  I *did* find the main package at

Eh?  I just found gwenhywfar-1.99.2-1.src.rpm in under 5 minutes of clicking
at fedora.redhat.com...

RE: OFX Direct Connect?

Don Levey-3
Derek Atkins wrote:

> Quoting Don Levey <[hidden email]>:
>
>> I've done this, and now libofx seems to be installed.  I am trying
>> for aqbanking. Running the rpmbuild tells me that I need
>> gwenhywfar-devel:
>>
>> error: Failed build dependencies:
>>        gwenhywfar-devel >= 1.99.2 is needed by
>> aqbanking-1.8.1beta-3.1.i386
>>
>> I can't find a .src rpm for this.  I *did* find the main package at
>
> Eh?  I just found gwenhywfar-1.99.2-1.src.rpm in under 5 minutes of
> clicking at fedora.redhat.com...
>
> -derek

Yes, but gwenhywfar-devel-1.99.2?
That's what I'm told I need.
 -Don

RE: OFX Direct Connect?

Derek Atkins
Quoting Don Levey <[hidden email]>:

>> Eh?  I just found gwenhywfar-1.99.2-1.src.rpm in under 5 minutes of
>> clicking at fedora.redhat.com...
>>
>> -derek
>
> Yes, but gwenhywfar-devel-1.99.2?
> That's what I'm told I need.
> -Don

gwenhywfar-devel is a derivative of gwenhywfar.   This is RPMBUILD 101 again.

RE: OFX Direct Connect?

Don Levey-3
Don Levey wrote:

> Derek Atkins wrote:
>> Quoting Don Levey <[hidden email]>:
>>
>>> I've done this, and now libofx seems to be installed.  I am trying
>>> for aqbanking. Running the rpmbuild tells me that I need
>>> gwenhywfar-devel:
>>>
>>> error: Failed build dependencies:
>>>        gwenhywfar-devel >= 1.99.2 is needed by
>>> aqbanking-1.8.1beta-3.1.i386
>>>
>>> I can't find a .src rpm for this.  I *did* find the main package at
>>
>> Eh?  I just found gwenhywfar-1.99.2-1.src.rpm in under 5 minutes of
>> clicking at fedora.redhat.com...
>>
>> -derek
>
> Yes, but gwenhywfar-devel-1.99.2?
> That's what I'm told I need.
>  -Don

Never mind - while I had thought this would have been dealt with by
downloading the source tarball from SourceForge, I grabbed the source rpm
from redhat and went through the rpmbuild procedure there; both packages
were present and installable.  I'm now building/installing aqbanking;
hopefully, my next (and more infrequent) questions will actually be about
the software itself!
 -Don