Quantcast

Mutual fund giving wrong asset value

Roger Lewry
Hello

I am new to GnuCash but have previously used QuickBooks and so have some
understanding of accounting software. I have managed to set up most of my
accounts including some mutual funds. However, one of these appears to be
OK with the correct cost when I enter the number of units and price but the
asset value appears 100 times too large. I cannot see that I have set this
up any differently from the other funds which are fine. Has anyone come
across this type of problem before and found a solution, please?

Roger Lewry
(from my phone)

Re: Mutual fund giving wrong asset value

DaveC49
Roger,
The most obvious thing to look for would be a missing decimal point in the price. That it has calculated correctly for other transactions indicates an input error.