Mortgage in medias res

Max Hyre
   Dear Gnucashiers:

   I want to add an account for my mortgage, but it was
taken out about four years ago, and, since I only started my
accounts a year ago, I don't want to have to add
transactions from the beginning.

   Obviously, I could calculate it from its inception, then
take the values from the, say 43rd month, and recalculate as
a 317-month mortgage, but I hope there is a less obnoxious
way to do it.

--
            Best wishes,

            Max Hyre

Re: Mortgage in medias res

Derek Atkins
Quoting Max Hyre <[hidden email]>:

>   Dear Gnucashiers:
>
>   I want to add an account for my mortgage, but it was
> taken out about four years ago, and, since I only started my
> accounts a year ago, I don't want to have to add
> transactions from the beginning.
>
>   Obviously, I could calculate it from its inception, then
> take the values from the, say 43rd month, and recalculate as
> a 317-month mortgage, but I hope there is a less obnoxious
> way to do it.

This is probably the best way.. And the Mortgage and Loan Druid lets
you easily do that!