Missing invoice in Business->Customer->Find Invoice

Missing invoice in Business->Customer->Find Invoice

Eric Wheeler
Hello all,

We have an invoice that cannot be found in the  "Business->Customer->Find
Invoice" dialog, neither by invoice number nor by customer name.

However, both the post and payment do show up in "Accounts Receivable" and
I can find the invoice if I do Reports->Business->Customer report.

So, interestingly, the invoice appears to be there but the "Find Invoice"
dialog can't find it.

What might this indicate?

--
Eric Wheeler

Re: Missing invoice in Business->Customer->Find Invoice

First, this is a user question, not a developer question -- so should
have been asked on gnucash-user.  I've re-directed this there.

Eric Wheeler <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hello all,
>
> We have an invoice that cannot be found in the  "Business->Customer->Find
> Invoice" dialog, neither by invoice number nor by customer name.
>
> However, both the post and payment do show up in "Accounts Receivable" and
> I can find the invoice if I do Reports->Business->Customer report.

Showing up in AR and in the report only implies that there is a
transaction that appears to be connected to an invoice.  However it may
have become detached (for example if the invoice was doubly-posted, and
then subsequently unposted or otherwise reused).

What happens if you click on the invoice from the report?  Does it take
you to the actual invoice?

> So, interestingly, the invoice appears to be there but the "Find Invoice"
> dialog can't find it.
>
> What might this indicate?

It depends.  The invoice could have been marked "inactive" and therefore
wouldn't show up in the search?