Missing icons

Andreas Köhler
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Missing icons

Derek Atkins
Go for it.  Custom Icons would be great.

-derek

Andreas Köhler <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> there are obviously some missing icons in g2, just look at the
> toolbar ;) Some menu items might get a stock gtk icon, e.g. "Sort
> by..." in the View menu, others have a bit suboptimal one imho, e.g.
> "Schedule... (SX)" and "Jump".
>
> I do not want you to fire up gimp and start drawing ;) But maybe we
> can create a list of new icons we wish to have (i saw a short one in
> GNOME2_STATUS) and send/save it somewhere people can see it and help
> to get them ready for the g2 release (whenever this may be). I do
> not know, is there some gnome-art mailing list or such?
>
> Any opinions?
>
> -- andi5
>

> PS: If there is already some consensus about it, just drop me a note.

Re: Missing icons

David Hampton-2
On Fri, 2005-12-16 at 10:18 -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Go for it.  Custom Icons would be great.

The current g2 icons were done by jimmac back in 2003.  We should
probably check with him first about completing the set.

Re: Missing icons

Andrew Wood-5
I thought there were a standard set of icons for g2? One of the claims I
remember being made for Open Office 2.0 was that it used a standard set-
better in terms of standardisation. Or perhaps I've misunderstood this?

Andrew Wood

David Hampton wrote:

> On Fri, 2005-12-16 at 10:18 -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
>
>>Go for it.  Custom Icons would be great.
>

> The current g2 icons were done by jimmac back in 2003.  We should
> probably check with him first about completing the set.
>
> David

Re: Missing icons

David Hampton-2
On Fri, 2005-12-16 at 17:00 +0000, Andrew Wood wrote:
> I thought there were a standard set of icons for g2? One of the claims I
> remember being made for Open Office 2.0 was that it used a standard set-
> better in terms of standardisation. Or perhaps I've misunderstood this?

I don't know what OO is doing.  Maybe they are using the gtk/gnome icons
better in version 2.0.

Gnucash will use the base gtk/gnome icons where they make sense.  What I
was referring to are the new gnucash custom icons like "Open Account",
"Delete Account", etc.  We need Open/Delete Budget icons,
a "Split Transaction" icon, and a couple of other things that aren't and
probably never will be part of the base set of gtk/gnome icons.