Missing P&L report

Cam Ellison-2
I am running Gnucash 1.8.10 on Debian.  There are several reports,
including the P&L, that used to be in the Reports Menu, but they are
not there.  I did have some customised reports (including Profit &
Loss), but any attempt to use them crashes the application.

What do I need to do to recover them, P&L especially?

Thank you

Cam

--
Cam Ellison  Ph.D.  R.Psych. #01417

Cam Ellison & Associates Ltd.
Management Psychology

RR 22    3446 Beach Avenue
Roberts Creek  BC  V0N 2W2

Phone: 604-885-4806
Fax:   604-885-4809

Re: Missing P&L report

Maf. King
On Sunday 20 Nov 2005 22:30, Doctorcam wrote:

> I am running Gnucash 1.8.10 on Debian.  There are several reports,
> including the P&L, that used to be in the Reports Menu, but they are
> not there.  I did have some customised reports (including Profit &
> Loss), but any attempt to use them crashes the application.
>
> What do I need to do to recover them, P&L especially?
>
> Thank you
>
> Cam

Hi,

See the thread from last thurs / fri about custom reports crashing GC for some
possible pointers to a solution.

Cheers,
Maf.

Re: Missing P&L report

Andrew Sackville-West
you have saved reports with the same names as the originals. this is
either a "known bug" or a "feature" depending on your perspective. you
must delete ~/.gnucash/saved-reports*

when you save a report, you must change its name first...

Doctorcam wrote:

> I am running Gnucash 1.8.10 on Debian.  There are several reports,
> including the P&L, that used to be in the Reports Menu, but they are
> not there.  I did have some customised reports (including Profit &
> Loss), but any attempt to use them crashes the application.
>
> What do I need to do to recover them, P&L especially?
>
> Thank you
>
> Cam

Re: Missing P&L report

Cam Ellison-2
* Andrew Sackville-West ([hidden email]) wrote the following:
> you have saved reports with the same names as the originals. this is
> either a "known bug" or a "feature" depending on your perspective. you
> must delete ~/.gnucash/saved-reports*
>
> when you save a report, you must change its name first...

I had a response from Maf about this, and made the necessary change:
wiping out the saved-reports file.  I inadvertently replied directly
to him.

Of course, I have the delightful task of re-generating about 20
reports. :-}

Thanks

Cam

--
Cam Ellison  Ph.D.  R.Psych. #01417

Cam Ellison & Associates Ltd.
Management Psychology

RR 22    3446 Beach Avenue
Roberts Creek  BC  V0N 2W2

Phone: 604-885-4806
Fax:   604-885-4809

Re: Missing P&L report

Mark Johnson-2
Doctorcam wrote:

>Of course, I have the delightful task of re-generating about 20
>reports. :-}

Something similar happened to me, though with fewer reports.  It took a
few tries to get them right again.  Annoying.  I now have a backup file
for the saved reports.  So if I screw it up again, I can fix it faster.

Mark

Re: Missing P&L report

Andrew Sackville-West
you now, this probelm comes up about every three day son thi slist and I
wonder if there is another solution to rebuilding all the reports..
can't one just edit the saved reports file and change the names? I'll
check it out and report back...

Mark Johnson wrote:

> Doctorcam wrote:
>
>> Of course, I have the delightful task of re-generating about 20
>> reports. :-}
>>

> Something similar happened to me, though with fewer reports.  It took a
> few tries to get them right again.  Annoying.  I now have a backup file
> for the saved reports.  So if I screw it up again, I can fix it faster.
>
> Mark

Re: Missing P&L report

Cam Ellison-2
* Andrew Sackville-West ([hidden email]) wrote the following:
> you now, this probelm comes up about every three day son thi slist and I
> wonder if there is another solution to rebuilding all the reports..
> can't one just edit the saved reports file and change the names? I'll
> check it out and report back...

That would be a Good Thing.  I had thought of it myself, but the
immediate need for financial statements far outweighed the anticipated
delight of learning Scheme. ;-)

Thank you for volunteering.

Cheers

Cam