[MAINT] Planned Service Outage, Tuesday, June 6, 8am-10pm US/EDT

[MAINT] Planned Service Outage, Tuesday, June 6, 8am-10pm US/EDT

I'd like to upgrade the operating system software on code.gnucash.org.
It's currently running a 2.5-year-old system (Fedora 10).  I'd like to
upgrade it to Fedora 15.  The upgrade will probably take the better part
of a day, considering I need to go through each step from 10-15, and
each upgrade will probably take an hour or two.  So I expect total time
offline to be around 5-10 hours, give or take.

During the maintenance period there will be no access to:
* Subversion
* Trac
* Wiki
* Email
* Email Archives

Access to www.gnucash.org will NOT be affected.

My plan would be to shut down the system and bring it up on a private
address during the upgrade process.  Then I'll revert over to the
regular address once it's upgraded and tested.

I plan to start the process around 0800 US/EDT (1200 UTC) on Tuesday,
June 6.  I hope to finish before 2200 US/EDT (0200 UTC).  Status updates
will be sent to the #gnucash IRC channel on irc.gimp.org

Developers: please let me know if this window does not work for you.

Assuming no objections I'll send out a follow-up email on Monday evening
as a reminder, and then another email once services have been restored.

Re: ANNOUNCE: [MAINT] Planned Service Outage, Tuesday, June 6, 8am-10pm US/EDT

Christian Stimming-4
Am Freitag, 3. Juni 2011 schrieb Derek Atkins:
> I plan to start the process around 0800 US/EDT (1200 UTC) on Tuesday,
> June 6.  I hope to finish before 2200 US/EDT (0200 UTC).  Status updates
> will be sent to the #gnucash IRC channel on irc.gimp.org
>
> Developers: please let me know if this window does not work for you.

Works fine for here. Thanks a lot for your hard work on the server!

Regards,

Christian

Re: [MAINT] Planned Service Outage, Tuesday, June 6, 8am-10pm US/EDT

Just a reminder that this work will be happening tomorrow, starting in
about 13 hours from now.  All access to subversion, trac, wiki, email,
and the email archives will be affected.  Access to www.gnucash.org will
not be affected during the outage.

Check on #gnucash on irc.gimp.org for real-time updates.
I'll also post a status note on www.

Derek Atkins <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to upgrade the operating system software on code.gnucash.org.
> It's currently running a 2.5-year-old system (Fedora 10).  I'd like to
> upgrade it to Fedora 15.  The upgrade will probably take the better part
> of a day, considering I need to go through each step from 10-15, and
> each upgrade will probably take an hour or two.  So I expect total time
> offline to be around 5-10 hours, give or take.
>
> During the maintenance period there will be no access to:
> * Subversion
> * Trac
> * Wiki
> * Email
> * Email Archives
>
> Access to www.gnucash.org will NOT be affected.
>
> My plan would be to shut down the system and bring it up on a private
> address during the upgrade process.  Then I'll revert over to the
> regular address once it's upgraded and tested.
>
> I plan to start the process around 0800 US/EDT (1200 UTC) on Tuesday,
> June 6.  I hope to finish before 2200 US/EDT (0200 UTC).  Status updates
> will be sent to the #gnucash IRC channel on irc.gimp.org
>
> Developers: please let me know if this window does not work for you.
>
> Assuming no objections I'll send out a follow-up email on Monday evening
> as a reminder, and then another email once services have been restored.
>
> Thanks,

Re: [MAINT] Planned Service Outage, Tuesday, June 6, 8am-10pm US/EDT

The planned server maintenance has been completed.
All services should be up and running normally[0].
If you find a service that is not acting normally please let me know.

-derek

[0] There is still a problem with Namazu not updating its search indices.
    I'm working on tracking down the problem, although we might need to
    find a new search platform