Quantcast

Logo used with Tax Invoice has colors changed

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Logo used with Tax Invoice has colors changed

Arie Catsman
When customizing the Tax Invoice in GnuCash 2.6.16 on windows 10 and specifying a logo file, it turns out that the colors of the logo are different from the original when dislayed in GnuCash, printed or exported to PDF.



The left side of above screenshot shows the logo as shown in GnuCash or when printed, the right side is the original image. The image shows correctly when opening the html file created in the %temp% folder (on windows) by GnuCash when displaying it.  

It might very well be I'm doing something wrong here as I'm new to GnuCash. Thanks for your help with this.

Arie
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Logo used with Tax Invoice has colors changed

Adrien Monteleone
Arie,

The image you linked is a png, but is the image you are using in the invoice a png? (or .gif?)

At first I thought you had a transparency issue and were using png instead of jpg, but it appears GC doesn’t take jpg and instead prefers png or gif. (unless that has changed since this documentation version.)

see here: https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v2.6/C/gnucash-help/busnss-ar-invoicechange.html

If that is not the issue, try using an editor like GIMP or Photoshop to remove the alpha channel and flatten the image. It might also be a color space issue. sRGB is usually the safest for interoperability.

Regards,

Adrien

> On May 10, 2017, at 10:55 AM, Arie Catsman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> When customizing the Tax Invoice in GnuCash 2.6.16 on windows 10 and
> specifying a logo file, it turns out that the colors of the logo are
> different from the original when dislayed in GnuCash, printed or exported to
> PDF.
>
> <http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/n4691568/gnucash_logo.png>
>
> The left side of above screenshot shows the logo as shown in GnuCash or when
> printed, the right side is the original image. The image shows correctly
> when opening the html file created in the %temp% folder (on windows) by
> GnuCash when displaying it.  
>
> It might very well be I'm doing something wrong here as I'm new to GnuCash.
> Thanks for your help with this.
>
> Arie
>
>
>
> --
> View this message in context: http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/Logo-used-with-Tax-Invoice-has-colors-changed-tp4691568.html
> Sent from the GnuCash - User mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> gnucash-user mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
> -----
> Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
> You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.

_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

RE: Logo used with Tax Invoice has colors changed

Arie Catsman
Adrien,

Thanks so much, I was indeed using a JPG and not PNG or GIF. And obviously missed the format remark in the manual explaining how to add a logo when changing the invoice appearance.

Thanks and Regards,

Arie

>-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
>Van: gnucash-user [mailto:gnucash-user-bounces+catsmanac=[hidden email]] Namens Adrien Monteleone
>Verzonden: woensdag 10 mei 2017 19:03
>Aan: [hidden email]
>Onderwerp: Re: Logo used with Tax Invoice has colors changed
>
>Arie,
>
>The image you linked is a png, but is the image you are using in the invoice a png? (or .gif?)
>
>At first I thought you had a transparency issue and were using png instead of jpg, but it appears GC doesn’t take jpg and instead prefers png or gif. (unless that has changed since this >documentation version.)
>
>see here: https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v2.6/C/gnucash-help/busnss-ar-invoicechange.html
>
>If that is not the issue, try using an editor like GIMP or Photoshop to remove the alpha channel and flatten the image. It might also be a color space issue. sRGB is usually the safest for >interoperability.
>
>Regards,
>
>Adrien
>
>> On May 10, 2017, at 10:55 AM, Arie Catsman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> When customizing the Tax Invoice in GnuCash 2.6.16 on windows 10 and
>> specifying a logo file, it turns out that the colors of the logo are
>> different from the original when dislayed in GnuCash, printed or
>> exported to PDF.
>>
>> <http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/n4691568/gnucash_logo.png>
>>
>> The left side of above screenshot shows the logo as shown in GnuCash
>> or when printed, the right side is the original image. The image shows
>> correctly when opening the html file created in the %temp% folder (on
>> windows) by GnuCash when displaying it.
>>
>> It might very well be I'm doing something wrong here as I'm new to GnuCash.
>> Thanks for your help with this.
>>
>> Arie
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> View this message in context:
>> http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/Logo-used-with-Tax-Invoice-has-co
>> lors-changed-tp4691568.html Sent from the GnuCash - User mailing list
>> archive at Nabble.com.
>> _______________________________________________
>> gnucash-user mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
>> -----
>> Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
>> You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
>
>_______________________________________________
>gnucash-user mailing list
>[hidden email]
>https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
>-----
>Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
>You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.

_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Logo used with Tax Invoice has colors changed

Adonay Felipe Nogueira
In reply to this post by Arie Catsman
* Friendly walkthrough

1. Install GIMP ([[https://www.gnu.org/software/gimp/]]).

2. Open the image with GIMP and, in the window where the image appears,
   go to: Image → Image properties.

3. In order for everything to be normal with the image, the "Color
   space" item must have something similar to "RGB".


--
- [[https://libreplanet.org/wiki/User:Adfeno]]
- Palestrante e consultor sobre /software/ livre (não confundir com
  gratis).
- "WhatsApp"? Ele não é livre, por isso não uso. Iguais a ele prefiro
  GNU Ring, ou Tox. Quer outras formas de contato? Adicione o vCard
  que está no endereço acima aos teus contatos.
- Pretende me enviar arquivos .doc, .ppt, .cdr, ou .mp3? OK, eu
  aceito, mas não repasso. Entrego apenas em formatos favoráveis ao
  /software/ livre. Favor entrar em contato em caso de dúvida.
_______________________________________________
gnucash-user mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-user
-----
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.
Loading...