Investment account problems

GnuCash - User mailing list
Hello,
I switched to gnucash in April after getting fed up with Quicken. I am slowly getting used to the differences between these two applications and have finally gotten all my bank accounts squared away (I think :)
The next step was to import my investment accounts from Quicken into gnucash and I need help with following issues:
1. What can I do to show details of all securities belonging to an account. e.g. The account does not show any dividend reinvestment transactions of any securities. The following qif transaction exists in the Comcast 'account' but not in the investment account.^D4/28'16NReinvDivYComcastI61.720648Q0.494CcU30.49T30.49^2. I have tried several time for configuring online setup for TD Ameritrade, but have had no luck. Does anyone have the magic formula? Thanks in advance.Rja

Re: Investment account problems

GnuCash - User mailing list
I am not sure why newlines in the bottom part of the message disappeared!
Retrying with plain text format ...

I switched to gnucash in April after getting fed up with Quicken. I am slowly getting used to the differences between these two applications and have finally gotten all my bank accounts squared away (I think :)The next step was to import my investment accounts from Quicken into gnucash and I need help with following issues:

1. What can I do to show details of all securities belonging to an account. e.g. The account does not show any dividend reinvestment transactions for any securities. The following qif transaction exists in the Comcast 'account' but not in the investment account.
^
D4/28'16
NReinvDiv
YComcast
I61.720648
Q0.494
Cc
U30.49
T30.49
^

2. I have tried several time to configure online setup for TD Ameritrade, but have had no luck. Does anyone have the magic formula?

Thanks in advance.
Rja

[...]

Wm...
On Thu, 21 Jul 2016 23:51:39 +0000 (UTC), in
gmane.comp.gnome.apps.gnucash.user, RD via gnucash-user
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am not sure why newlines in the bottom part of the message disappeared!
> Retrying with plain text format ...

It's OK, you've said what you mean more clearly now

> I switched to gnucash in April after getting fed up with Quicken. I am
> slowly getting used to the differences between these two applications
> and have finally gotten all my bank accounts squared away (I think :)

That should feel good.

> The
> next step was to import my investment accounts from Quicken into gnucash
> and I need help with following issues:
>
> 1. What can I do to show details of all securities belonging to an account.
> e.g. The account does not show any dividend reinvestment transactions for
> any securities. The following qif transaction exists in the Comcast
> 'account' but not in the investment account.
>
> ^
> D4/28'16
> NReinvDiv
> YComcast
> I61.720648
> Q0.494
> Cc
> U30.49
> T30.49
> ^

Do you mean a brokerage account or similar containing a number of
securities?

In GnuCash you usually represent those by creating an account for each
security under the brokerage and then add the re-investments, dividends,
etc. to each of the individual security's accounts.

The transition has been done often enough so I'm sort of wondering if the
explanation above is all you need since you're well ahead in that you're
kicking QIF details around.

> 2. I have tried several time to configure online setup for TD Ameritrade, but have had no luck. Does anyone have the magic formula?

Nope, I'm the sort of foreigner that until recently was European :)

--
Wm