Installing GnuCash 2.0 on FC5

12
Liz

Re: 2.01 on etch, hurray!

Liz
On Friday 15 September 2006 02:04, Tom Purl wrote:
> Does anyone know how I can reference the Etch repository on Ubuntu
> 6.06 so that I can install this?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Tom Purl

by adding standard debian repositories
eg
deb ftp://ftp.au.debian.org/debian/ etch main contrib non-free

then comment out all the ubuntu repositories and apt-get update

apt will of course advise you of the possibilities
and apt-notify will tell you if there are problems to be anticipated.
LIz

--
A wife lasts only for the length of the marriage, but an ex-wife is there
*for the rest of your life*.

Re: 2.01 on etch, hurray!

Tom Purl 2
You're right Liz, this didn't work.  Thanks for the info anyways!

Tom Purl

On Fri, Sep 15, 2006 at 07:05:11AM +1000, Elizabeth Dodd wrote:

> On Friday 15 September 2006 02:04, Tom Purl wrote:
> > Does anyone know how I can reference the Etch repository on Ubuntu
> > 6.06 so that I can install this?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Tom Purl
>
> by adding standard debian repositories
> eg
> deb ftp://ftp.au.debian.org/debian/ etch main contrib non-free
>
> then comment out all the ubuntu repositories and apt-get update
>
> apt will of course advise you of the possibilities
> and apt-notify will tell you if there are problems to be anticipated.
> LIz
>
> --
> A wife lasts only for the length of the marriage, but an ex-wife is there
> *for the rest of your life*.
> -- Jim Samuels
12