Installation of GC Intel 2.6.16 on Sierra, mouse click does not work correctly

Installation of GC Intel 2.6.16 on Sierra, mouse click does not work correctly

lotharamana
I have tried to install above version on a Mac Book Pro (2010) and a new iMac (2015). In both cases I am not able to work with the mouse. I have to click some where outside the field to activate the field, sometime one or two lines above, sometimes one or two lines below, sometime left, sometimes right. It is impossible to work with the program.
HELP

Re: Installation of GC Intel 2.6.16 on Sierra, mouse click does not work correctly

John Ralls-2

> On May 15, 2017, at 1:44 PM, lotharamana <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I have tried to install above version on a Mac Book Pro (2010) and a new iMac
> (2015). In both cases I am not able to work with the mouse. I have to click
> some where outside the field to activate the field, sometime one or two
> lines above, sometimes one or two lines below, sometime left, sometimes
> right. It is impossible to work with the program.

That's really strange. Are you using the supplied primary device (the trackpad on the MBP and the Apple Mouse on the iMac) or a third-party mouse?

Re: Installation of GC Intel 2.6.16 on Sierra, mouse click does not work correctly

John Ralls-2

> On May 15, 2017, at 2:38 PM, Lothar Beyer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Yes I do: apple mouse and trackpad on PB
>

>> On May 15, 2017, at 16:36, John Ralls <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>>> On May 15, 2017, at 1:44 PM, lotharamana <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I have tried to install above version on a Mac Book Pro (2010) and a new iMac
>>> (2015). In both cases I am not able to work with the mouse. I have to click
>>> some where outside the field to activate the field, sometime one or two
>>> lines above, sometimes one or two lines below, sometime left, sometimes
>>> right. It is impossible to work with the program.
>>
>> That's really strange. Are you using the supplied primary device (the trackpad on the MBP and the Apple Mouse on the iMac) or a third-party mouse?

Please remember to copy the list on all replies so that others can follow the conversation.

PB?

Just to be sure, you're using GnuCash.app downloaded from our SourceForge or Github repositories, right?

Where does this happen? Just in the register, any text field anywhere, or any control at all (buttons, context menus, checkboxes and radio buttons, etc.)? Does the location error seem random, i.e. sometimes you have to click above the register's date field and sometimes below, or does it seem to depend on the field, so that for the date field it's (perhaps) always above but for the transfer account field it's always below and the credit field is always to the left and so on?

If it's not random does moving the window make any difference?

Re: Installation of GC Intel 2.6.16 on Sierra, mouse click does not work correctly

Lothar Beyer
PB = Powerbook

I downloaded fromSourceForge.

It happens in all situations, in the registers, in the accounts window, in the menubar. In the registers I have to click approx 1.5 lines below a field to activate the field. Other than that I was not able to discover a pattern.

Moving the window around does not help.

On my iMac I have installed a Wacom tablet. I remember having initially similar issues with the Wacom (that is a known issue in the community) I have to dig to remember the solution for it. Maybe that will help. First I am going to uninstall all Wacom software. See what happens.
Thanks
Lothar

> On May 15, 2017, at 18:33, John Ralls <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> On May 15, 2017, at 2:38 PM, Lothar Beyer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Yes I do: apple mouse and trackpad on PB

>>> That's really strange. Are you using the supplied primary device (the trackpad on the MBP and the Apple Mouse on the iMac) or a third-party mouse?
>
> Please remember to copy the list on all replies so that others can follow the conversation.
>
> PB?
>
> Just to be sure, you're using GnuCash.app downloaded from our SourceForge or Github repositories, right?
>
> Where does this happen? Just in the register, any text field anywhere, or any control at all (buttons, context menus, checkboxes and radio buttons, etc.)? Does the location error seem random, i.e. sometimes you have to click above the register's date field and sometimes below, or does it seem to depend on the field, so that for the date field it's (perhaps) always above but for the transfer account field it's always below and the credit field is always to the left and so on?
>
> If it's not random does moving the window make any difference?

Re: Installation of GC Intel 2.6.16 on Sierra, mouse click does not work correctly

John Ralls-2

> On May 16, 2017, at 9:03 AM, Lothar Beyer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> PB = Powerbook
>
> I downloaded fromSourceForge.
>
> It happens in all situations, in the registers, in the accounts window, in the menubar. In the registers I have to click approx 1.5 lines below a field to activate the field. Other than that I was not able to discover a pattern.
>
> Moving the window around does not help.
>
> On my iMac I have installed a Wacom tablet. I remember having initially similar issues with the Wacom (that is a known issue in the community) I have to dig to remember the solution for it. Maybe that will help. First I am going to uninstall all Wacom software. See what happens.
> Thanks
> Lothar

In the menubar? The one across the top of the screen? Or do you mean the toolbar?

1.5 lines? Do you mean lines of pixels (what would be "scan lines" on an old CRT monitor)?

If you have the tablet only on the iMac then it can't be affecting the MBP...

Re: Installation of GC Intel 2.6.16 on Sierra, mouse click does not work correctly

Lothar Beyer
Finally I found out what the problem seems to be:
When I open a window, any window for that matter like registers, main window, preferences, the window will not open completely. I discovered it first with the preference window: I opened it and only the top third of the bottom left close button is visible. In this situation the mouse is of by 1 to 2 lines (=rows). Once I have enlarged the window, so that the full button is visible it works fine. That same behavior also occurs in windows without buttons (like Forward, Close, Save etc). I always have to slightly enlarge or scale down the window and the mouse works ok.
Regards
Lothar

> On May 16, 2017, at 11:03, Lothar Beyer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> PB = Powerbook
>
> I downloaded fromSourceForge.
>
> It happens in all situations, in the registers, in the accounts window, in the menubar. In the registers I have to click approx 1.5 lines below a field to activate the field. Other than that I was not able to discover a pattern.
>
> Moving the window around does not help.
>
> On my iMac I have installed a Wacom tablet. I remember having initially similar issues with the Wacom (that is a known issue in the community) I have to dig to remember the solution for it. Maybe that will help. First I am going to uninstall all Wacom software. See what happens.
> Thanks
> Lothar
>

>> On May 15, 2017, at 18:33, John Ralls <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>

>>> On May 15, 2017, at 2:38 PM, Lothar Beyer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes I do: apple mouse and trackpad on PB

>> Please remember to copy the list on all replies so that others can follow the conversation.
>>
>> PB?
>>
>> Just to be sure, you're using GnuCash.app downloaded from our SourceForge or Github repositories, right?
>>
>> Where does this happen? Just in the register, any text field anywhere, or any control at all (buttons, context menus, checkboxes and radio buttons, etc.)? Does the location error seem random, i.e. sometimes you have to click above the register's date field and sometimes below, or does it seem to depend on the field, so that for the date field it's (perhaps) always above but for the transfer account field it's always below and the credit field is always to the left and so on?
>>
>> If it's not random does moving the window make any difference?
>>
>> Regards,
>> John Ralls

Re: Installation of GC Intel 2.6.16 on Sierra, mouse click does not work correctly

John Ralls-2

> On May 17, 2017, at 2:52 PM, Lothar Beyer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Finally I found out what the problem seems to be:
> When I open a window, any window for that matter like registers, main window, preferences, the window will not open completely. I discovered it first with the preference window: I opened it and only the top third of the bottom left close button is visible. In this situation the mouse is of by 1 to 2 lines (=rows). Once I have enlarged the window, so that the full button is visible it works fine. That same behavior also occurs in windows without buttons (like Forward, Close, Save etc). I always have to slightly enlarge or scale down the window and the mouse works ok.

Sounds more like a different problem rather than a solution. The only thing that comes to mind from that description is that you might be using some accessibility feature that Gtk doesn't understand and it's somehow messing up drawing the windows.