Installation in Kubuntu?

John hansen-5
I am trying to install GnuCash on my laptop running Kubuntu 6.06. I have not
yet found
how to! Detailed instruction would be most welcome as I am a newbie to
Linux.

John W Hansen, Cornwall

Re: Installation in Kubuntu?

Derek Atkins
Quoting John hansen <[hidden email]>:

> I am trying to install GnuCash on my laptop running Kubuntu 6.06. I have not
> yet found
> how to! Detailed instruction would be most welcome as I am a newbie to
> Linux.

apt-get install gnucash

Or if you're really brave, http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Ubuntu

> John W Hansen, Cornwall

Re: Installation in Kubuntu?

Dan Black-2
Kubuntu 6.06 has gnucash 1.8.x in the repositories.  If you want the
2.0.x series, you can either build it yourself or check out this page of
repositories.

http://www.geole.info/Repository-for-deb-packages-deb.9.0.html?&l=1

I've installed Gnucash 2.0.4 on Ubuntu 6.06 (Dapper Drake) from this
repository with no problems.

Dan