Quantcast

Import from iBank

wintermans
I asked iBank to export my data to a .qif file. GnuCash failed to import it, giving the message:

"Account budget amount: Unrecognized to inconsistent format."

I did not make a budget in iBank. Any suggestions on transferring data from iBank?

Re: Import from iBank

Derek Atkins
wintermans <[hidden email]> writes:

> I asked iBank to export my data to a .qif file. GnuCash failed to import it,
> giving the message:
>
> "Account budget amount: Unrecognized to inconsistent format."
>
> I did not make a budget in iBank. Any suggestions on transferring data from
> iBank?

Open the QIF in a text editor.  (It's just a text file).  I bet you find
some 'budget' data in there.

As for the 'Unrecognized to inconsistent format', this would generally
imply some confusion with comma or period as the decimal separator.
Take a look at your numbers and see if they look consistent, keeping in
mind that the computer testing algorithm is probably more strict than
you are ;)