Imbalance Account visibility

sunfish62
I am using 2.0.5 on a MacIntel 10.4.10 and have noticed that the Imbalance-USD
account does not display in the accounts tree. Is there some setting to make it
possible to see this account in the tree, or is this a bug? I do a lot of
QIF/OFX imports, and this account gets created regularly. I keep on top of the
mistaken transactions by opening that account and working through it, so it
would be nice if it were visible in the accounts tree. Why doesn't it behave
like the Orphan accounts?

TIA,

Re: Imbalance Account visibility

Derek Atkins
"David T." <[hidden email]> writes:

> I am using 2.0.5 on a MacIntel 10.4.10 and have noticed that the Imbalance-USD
> account does not display in the accounts tree. Is there some setting to make it
> possible to see this account in the tree, or is this a bug? I do a lot of
> QIF/OFX imports, and this account gets created regularly. I keep on top of the
> mistaken transactions by opening that account and working through it, so it
> would be nice if it were visible in the accounts tree. Why doesn't it behave
> like the Orphan accounts?

Umm.. There's nothing special about the Imbalance-USD account
unless you went in yourself and set it up to do something special.
By default it will show when it exists.  Note that it does NOT
exist by default until it's needed.

Re: Imbalance Account visibility

Josh Sled
"David T." <[hidden email]> writes:
> I am using 2.0.5 on a MacIntel 10.4.10 and have noticed that the Imbalance-USD
> account does not display in the accounts tree. Is there some setting to make it
> possible to see this account in the tree, or is this a bug? I do a lot of
> QIF/OFX imports, and this account gets created regularly. I keep on top of the
> mistaken transactions by opening that account and working through it, so it
> would be nice if it were visible in the accounts tree. Why doesn't it behave
> like the Orphan accounts?

You might want to check
{View > Filter By ... > Other > Show zero total accounts} on the Account Tree
page.  I sometimes "lose" my Imbalance-USD account when it's empty; which
makes me happy.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}

Re: Imbalance Account visibility

sunfish62
The problem wasn't with the zero balance setting, but with the hidden setting,
which I had somehow ticked for this account. My bad. [sheepish grin]

Thanks for the help.

David