How does a family of two with each having their own accounts, use Gnucash?

How does a family of two with each having their own accounts, use Gnucash?

John Boyle-2
To Anyone: My mom and I have separate accounts, how do I enter the
information as such? :-[

Re: How does a family of two with each having their own accounts, use Gnucash?

Maf. King
On Monday 11 September 2006 18:35, John Boyle wrote:
> To Anyone: My mom and I have separate accounts, how do I enter the
> information as such? :-[

Hi John,

How about 2 data files?
The usual rule of thumb is one data file per "legal entity" (ie person,
partnership, company. business etc)

just my twopenneth.
Maf.

Re: How does a family of two with each having their own accounts, use Gnucash?

Robert Heller
At Mon, 11 Sep 2006 10:35:16 -0700 John Boyle <[hidden email]> wrote:

> To Anyone: My mom and I have separate accounts, how do I enter the
> information as such? :-[

Use two files, one for you and one for your mom, typically stored under
separate user (unix) accounts.  On a typical UNIX/Linux system, you'd
actually create two (unix) user accounts, one for you (ie oldsarge) and
one for your mom.  When you do your bookkeeping, you would log in as
you, when your mom does her bookkeeping, she would log into her own
account.

Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933
Deepwoods Software        -- Linux Installation and Administration
http://www.deepsoft.com/  -- Web Hosting, with CGI and Database
[hidden email]       -- Contract Programming: C/C++, Tcl/Tk

Robert Heller                      -- 978-544-6933
Deepwoods Software        -- Download the Model Railroad System
http://www.deepsoft.com/  -- Binaries for Linux and MS-Windows
heller@deepsoft.com        -- http://www.deepsoft.com/ModelRailroadSystem/