How can I start over?

J. David Beutel-3
I've built and installed GnuCash 2.0.1 from source on Fedora Core 3, and
now I'd like to follow the tutorial in the guide, starting with the New
Account Hierarchy Setup.  Unfortunately I tried an older version of
GnuCash a few years ago, and now whenever I start 2.0.1, it complains
that it can't find an old file I made then.  All four of the files I
made then are on the 2.0.1 File menu, even though I moved those files
and ~/.gnucash away.

How can I get GnuCash to forget that I ever ran it before, forget about
those old files, and run the setup druid?  It installed in /usr/local. I
tried erasing the FC3 RPM (gnucash-1.8.11 installed in /usr) but that
had no effect.

Cheers,
11011011

Re: How can I start over?

Derek Atkins
File -> New File

-derek

Quoting "J. David Beutel" <[hidden email]>:

> I've built and installed GnuCash 2.0.1 from source on Fedora Core 3, and
> now I'd like to follow the tutorial in the guide, starting with the New
> Account Hierarchy Setup.  Unfortunately I tried an older version of
> GnuCash a few years ago, and now whenever I start 2.0.1, it complains
> that it can't find an old file I made then.  All four of the files I
> made then are on the 2.0.1 File menu, even though I moved those files
> and ~/.gnucash away.
>
> How can I get GnuCash to forget that I ever ran it before, forget about
> those old files, and run the setup druid?  It installed in /usr/local. I
> tried erasing the FC3 RPM (gnucash-1.8.11 installed in /usr) but that
> had no effect.
>
> Cheers,
> 11011011

Re: How can I start over?

J. David Beutel-3
Thanks!  That did it.  Next time I'll try more on my own first.  I still
wonder how GnuCash knows where my old files were, but now I can go ahead
with my new files anyway.

Cheers,
11011011