Help on US Tax Form 8825

Edoardo Tirtarahardja
Why GNU Cash can't classify an expenses to be reported in US Federal Tax
From 8825 Line 14 (Depreciation)? TurboTax shows that the annual
depreciation shall be reported in this line, but I can't set the Tax
Report Option as that line is not available.

Re: Help on US Tax Form 8825

David Carlson-4
It is curious that this form is not in the list.  For tax related accounts
that cannot be assigned to the proper form you could just mark the account
as tax related without the form assignment, and it will be in the report
where you will at least be reminded to include it in your filing.

David C

On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 10:59 AM, Edoardo Tirtarahardja <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Why GNU Cash can't classify an expenses to be reported in US Federal Tax
> From 8825 Line 14 (Depreciation)? TurboTax shows that the annual
> depreciation shall be reported in this line, but I can't set the Tax
> Report Option as that line is not available.

Re: Help on US Tax Form 8825

Edoardo Tirtarahardja
Thx for the response, but that doesn't really help me. My goal is to have
this to be included. I'm not familiar how to open a ticket to GNU Cash
developer to have this fixed.

On 2017-08-09 12:18, David Carlson wrote:

> It is curious that this form is not in the list.  For tax related accounts
> that cannot be assigned to the proper form you could just mark the account
> as tax related without the form assignment, and it will be in the report
> where you will at least be reminded to include it in your filing.
>
> David C
>
> On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 10:59 AM, Edoardo Tirtarahardja
>
>     Why GNU Cash can't classify an expenses to be reported in US Federal Tax
>     From 8825 Line 14 (Depreciation)? TurboTax shows that the annual
>     depreciation shall be reported in this line, but I can't set the Tax
>     Report Option as that line is not available.
>     Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
>     You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.

Re: Help on US Tax Form 8825

Greg Feneis
Let's wait and see if we can get one of the developers (who are volunteers)
to respond to this issue on this email list.

Then, perhaps they'll ask you to file a bug report.  In which case, fixing
this issue will get in the queue of fixes to be made.  😉