Gnucash compile fails at g-wrap

Brian Go
Having trouble compiling gnucash on OS/X Tiger using Darwin ports.  Can't
seem to figure out why it's choking on g-wrap...

ironthread:~ me$ sudo port install gnucash
--->  Fetching g-wrap
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for g-wrap
--->  Extracting g-wrap
--->  Applying patches to g-wrap
--->  Configuring g-wrap
--->  Building g-wrap with target all
--->  Staging g-wrap into destroot
Error: Target com.apple.destroot returned: error renaming
"/opt/local/var/db/dports/build/_opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports_lang_g-wrap/work/destroot/opt/local/info/*":
no such file or directory
Error: The following dependencies failed to build: g-wrap gconf libbonobo
intltool orbit2 libidl popt gnucash-docs scrollkeeper docbook-xml
docbook-xml-412 docbook-xml-scrollkeeper docbook-xsl libxslt yelp gnome-vfs
dbus dbus-glib gnome-mime-data heimdal howl neon openssl libgnome esound
audiofile automake autoconf libgnomeui gnome-keyring libbonoboui
libgnomecanvas libart_lgpl libgtkhtml gail goffice libgnomeprintui
gnome-icon-theme hicolor-icon-theme icon-naming-utils libgnomeprint bison m4
libgnomecups cups-headers libgsf libgtkhtml3 p5-finance-quote
p5-crypt-ssleay p5-datemanip p5-html-tableextract
Stephen Harper doesn't like you.

Stephen Harper doesn't like you.

Re: Gnucash compile fails at g-wrap

Rich Shepard
On Wed, 21 Feb 2007, Brian Go wrote:

> Having trouble compiling gnucash on OS/X Tiger using Darwin ports.  Can't
> seem to figure out why it's choking on g-wrap...

   I really don't like to write this, but I am glad to see others having
problems getting gnucash built and running. I don't feel quite as much the
PITA because of my problems.

   Earlier in my saga, I learned from Josh and Derek that gnucash requires
g-wrap-1.9.6 and will not work with -1.9.7. I uninstalled the latter
version, re-installed the former version and got past that barrier. Perhaps
it's the same for you.

HTH,

Rich

--
Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |    The Environmental Permitting
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.        |          Accelerator(TM)

Re: Gnucash compile fails at g-wrap

Josh Sled
On Wed, 2007-02-21 at 00:26 -0500, Brian Go wrote:
> Having trouble compiling gnucash on OS/X Tiger using Darwin ports.  Can't
> seem to figure out why it's choking on g-wrap...

We don't develop Darwin Ports, and this looks to be a Darwin Ports
issue.  You might have better luck asking them.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled;b=asynchronous.org;echo ${a}@${b}

Re: Gnucash compile fails at g-wrap

David Reiser

On 21 Feb 2007, at 9:04:58 AM, Josh Sled wrote:

> On Wed, 2007-02-21 at 00:26 -0500, Brian Go wrote:
>> Having trouble compiling gnucash on OS/X Tiger using Darwin
>> ports.  Can't
>> seem to figure out why it's choking on g-wrap...
>
> We don't develop Darwin Ports, and this looks to be a Darwin Ports
> issue.  You might have better luck asking them.

Brian,
You might want to check
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.os.apple.macports.user/1182
a thread yesterday about a bug in the gwrap portfile.

Dave
--
David Reiser

Re: Gnucash compile fails at g-wrap

Brian Go
Thanks.

I see the solution.  I'll give it a shot when I get home tonight.