Gnucash bitcoin donations: I'd like to disable this bitcoin address

Gnucash bitcoin donations: I'd like to disable this bitcoin address

Christian Stimming-4
Dear developers,

some time ago I've set up a bitcoin wallet to be used for gnucash donations in
bitcoin. Although there has been some considerable income in 2014/2015,
recently there are only very small amounts coming in on that channel. To be
precise, in the last 12 months there have been 8 payments received summing up
to 0.04 btc (approx. 44 EUR right now).

As I don't use bitcoins for any other purposes right now, I'd like to stop
this bitcoin address before I forget my password or lose the private key. My
suggestion is that we simply remove the mention of the bitcoin address from
the website and that's it. Alternatively, someone else could set up a bitcoin
address and continue to offer the tip jar collection for gnucash, but given
the low volume, I'd rather suggest against that.

What do you think?

Regards,
Christian

Re: Gnucash bitcoin donations: I'd like to disable this bitcoin address

John Ralls-2

> On Apr 8, 2017, at 1:18 PM, Christian Stimming <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear developers,
>
> some time ago I've set up a bitcoin wallet to be used for gnucash donations in
> bitcoin. Although there has been some considerable income in 2014/2015,
> recently there are only very small amounts coming in on that channel. To be
> precise, in the last 12 months there have been 8 payments received summing up
> to 0.04 btc (approx. 44 EUR right now).
>
> As I don't use bitcoins for any other purposes right now, I'd like to stop
> this bitcoin address before I forget my password or lose the private key. My
> suggestion is that we simply remove the mention of the bitcoin address from
> the website and that's it. Alternatively, someone else could set up a bitcoin
> address and continue to offer the tip jar collection for gnucash, but given
> the low volume, I'd rather suggest against that.
>
> What do you think?

Christian,

I agree that shutting down makes the most sense.

Re: Gnucash bitcoin donations: I'd like to disable this bitcoin address

Geert Janssens-4
On zaterdag 8 april 2017 22:57:31 CEST John Ralls wrote:

> > On Apr 8, 2017, at 1:18 PM, Christian Stimming <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > Dear developers,
> >
> > some time ago I've set up a bitcoin wallet to be used for gnucash
> > donations in bitcoin. Although there has been some considerable income in
> > 2014/2015, recently there are only very small amounts coming in on that
> > channel. To be precise, in the last 12 months there have been 8 payments
> > received summing up to 0.04 btc (approx. 44 EUR right now).
> >
> > As I don't use bitcoins for any other purposes right now, I'd like to stop
> > this bitcoin address before I forget my password or lose the private key.
> > My suggestion is that we simply remove the mention of the bitcoin address
> > from the website and that's it. Alternatively, someone else could set up
> > a bitcoin address and continue to offer the tip jar collection for
> > gnucash, but given the low volume, I'd rather suggest against that.
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> Christian,
>
> I agree that shutting down makes the most sense.

Yes, That's fine for me too.

Re: Gnucash bitcoin donations: I'd like to disable this bitcoin address

Alex Aycinena-2

> From: John Ralls <[hidden email]>
> To: Christian Stimming <[hidden email]>
> Cc: gnucash-devel <[hidden email]>
> Bcc:
> Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2017 13:57:31 -0700
> Subject: Re: Gnucash bitcoin donations: I'd like to disable this bitcoin
> address
>
> > On Apr 8, 2017, at 1:18 PM, Christian Stimming <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Dear developers,
> >
> > some time ago I've set up a bitcoin wallet to be used for gnucash
> donations in
> > bitcoin. Although there has been some considerable income in 2014/2015,
> > recently there are only very small amounts coming in on that channel. To
> be
> > precise, in the last 12 months there have been 8 payments received
> summing up
> > to 0.04 btc (approx. 44 EUR right now).
> >
> > As I don't use bitcoins for any other purposes right now, I'd like to
> stop
> > this bitcoin address before I forget my password or lose the private
> key. My
> > suggestion is that we simply remove the mention of the bitcoin address
> from
> > the website and that's it. Alternatively, someone else could set up a
> bitcoin
> > address and continue to offer the tip jar collection for gnucash, but
> given
> > the low volume, I'd rather suggest against that.
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> Christian,
>
> I agree that shutting down makes the most sense.

Christian,

So do I.

Regards,

Alex

Geert Janssens <[hidden email]> writes:

> On zaterdag 8 april 2017 22:57:31 CEST John Ralls wrote:
>> > On Apr 8, 2017, at 1:18 PM, Christian Stimming <[hidden email]>
>> > wrote:
>> >
>> > Dear developers,
>> >
>> > some time ago I've set up a bitcoin wallet to be used for gnucash
>> > donations in bitcoin. Although there has been some considerable income in
>> > 2014/2015, recently there are only very small amounts coming in on that
>> > channel. To be precise, in the last 12 months there have been 8 payments
>> > received summing up to 0.04 btc (approx. 44 EUR right now).
>> >
>> > As I don't use bitcoins for any other purposes right now, I'd like to stop
>> > this bitcoin address before I forget my password or lose the private key.
>> > My suggestion is that we simply remove the mention of the bitcoin address
>> > from the website and that's it. Alternatively, someone else could set up
>> > a bitcoin address and continue to offer the tip jar collection for
>> > gnucash, but given the low volume, I'd rather suggest against that.
>> >
>> > What do you think?
>>
>> Christian,
>>
>> I agree that shutting down makes the most sense.
>>
> Yes, That's fine for me too.

I agree.  If nobody is using it, and (more importantly) you don't want
to maintain it, then by all means lets transfer the funds elsewhere and
close it down.