Gnucash Portable

randix
I used it briefly a few years ago. Just noticed, unless I'm mistaken, it was
updated in October of this year (2017).

Curious to hear how others are using the portable version (eg, why and under
what circumstances), and how you're handling the backup and/or transfer of
the data files from the memory stick to your desktop, cloud, etc.

Re: Gnucash Portable

Kurt Padilla
I think you are referring to the Android version. It is a well designed app
that works really well for recording the transactions you make throughout
the day. You can import from or export to GnuCash for the desktop easily. I
think the default setting is to only export transactions entered since your
previous export. I usually use Resilio Sync to transmit files between my
desktop and smartphone.

Kurt

On Wed, Dec 6, 2017, 18:57 Steve <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I used it briefly a few years ago. Just noticed, unless I'm mistaken, it
> was
> updated in October of this year (2017).
>
> Curious to hear how others are using the portable version (eg, why and
> under
> what circumstances), and how you're handling the backup and/or transfer of
> the data files from the memory stick to your desktop, cloud, etc.

Sent from the Google Inbox Android app. GnuPG encryption available upon
request.
AC

Re: Gnucash Portable

AC
No, he's talking about GnuCash Portable which is a copy of GnuCash
modified and packaged with all the necessary libraries to be able to run
directly from a memory stick or other portable storage device without
having to install the libraries.  It's packaged by PortableApps.com.

On 2017-12-06 20:21, Kurt Padilla wrote:

> I think you are referring to the Android version. It is a well designed app
> that works really well for recording the transactions you make throughout
> the day. You can import from or export to GnuCash for the desktop easily. I
> think the default setting is to only export transactions entered since your
> previous export. I usually use Resilio Sync to transmit files between my
> desktop and smartphone.
>
> Kurt
>
> On Wed, Dec 6, 2017, 18:57 Steve <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I used it briefly a few years ago. Just noticed, unless I'm mistaken, it
>> was
>> updated in October of this year (2017).
>>
>> Curious to hear how others are using the portable version (eg, why and
>> under
>> what circumstances), and how you're handling the backup and/or transfer of
>> the data files from the memory stick to your desktop, cloud, etc.
>>

>> --
>> Sent from: http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/GnuCash-User-f1415819.html

Re: Gnucash Portable

randix
AC wrote
> No, he's talking about GnuCash Portable which is a copy of GnuCash
> modified and packaged with all the necessary libraries to be able to run
> directly from a memory stick or other portable storage device without
> having to install the libraries.  It's packaged by PortableApps.com.

*AC is correct. I'm referring to GnuCash Portable, NOT the android app.*