Gnucash 2.1.5

Doug Laidlaw
I have just downloaded and installed Gnucash 2.1.5 with no problems.

I am running Mandriva Spring, and had already installed the dependencies
required for 2.0.5.  I added swig and swig-devel.  My existing files were
opened with no problems.  I had made a backup first, because I recall reading
that the file will be converted.

The spec file is usable only under Fedora, and fc4 at that.  I should be able
to re-write it for Mandriva.  gtk-gnutella has a good two-distro precedent.

It looks as though I should be able to import my Aussie check dimensions
easily enough.  What is the significance of the hex strings at the top of
each template?

I still need some minor text changes:
(a) Font size.  I took it down from 12 to 10 last time.
(b) The cents are expressed as "dollars xx/100".  I was given a workaround to
make it read "dollars and xx cents", but the file is no longer there.

Doug.
--
Science is organized knowledge. Wisdom is organized life.
   - Immanuel Kant

Re: Gnucash 2.1.5

Doug Laidlaw
Further to this, I have since printed out a U.S. Quicken cheque on paper.  The
font size looks O.K.  IMO, Quicken's default font is too small.

Doug.

--
I am a man; I consider nothing pertaining to mankind as foreign to my nature.
   - Plautus, Roman writer of comedies, 163 B.c.

Re: Gnucash 2.1.5

Josh Sled
Doug Laidlaw <[hidden email]> writes:
> I am running Mandriva Spring, and had already installed the dependencies
> required for 2.0.5.  I added swig and swig-devel.  My existing files were
> opened with no problems.  I had made a backup first, because I recall reading
> that the file will be converted.

Did it complain about swig, or did you install it proactively?  If you're
using 2.1.5 from the distribution sources, you shouldn't need to have swig
installed.

--
...jsled
http://asynchronous.org/ - a=jsled; b=asynchronous.org; echo ${a}@${b}

Re: Gnucash 2.1.5

Doug Laidlaw
On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 11:17:42 pm Josh Sled wrote:
> Doug Laidlaw <[hidden email]> writes:
> > I am running Mandriva Spring, and had already installed the dependencies
> > required for 2.0.5.  I added swig and swig-devel.  My existing files were
> > opened with no problems.  I had made a backup first, because I recall
> > reading that the file will be converted.
>
> Did it complain about swig, or did you install it proactively?  If you're
> using 2.1.5 from the distribution sources, you shouldn't need to have swig
> installed.

No, the announcement said it needed swig, so I made sure it was there.

Doug.

--
I grow old, always learning new things.
-Solon, Greek lawgiver, 6th c. B.C.

Re: Gnucash 2.1.5

Doug Laidlaw <[hidden email]> writes:

> I have just downloaded and installed Gnucash 2.1.5 with no problems.
>
> I am running Mandriva Spring, and had already installed the dependencies
> required for 2.0.5.  I added swig and swig-devel.  My existing files were
> opened with no problems.  I had made a backup first, because I recall reading
> that the file will be converted.

You shouldn't have needed to install swig if you're building from the
tarball.

Re: Gnucash 2.1.5

Doug Laidlaw <[hidden email]> writes:

> On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 11:17:42 pm Josh Sled wrote:
>> Doug Laidlaw <[hidden email]> writes:
>> > I am running Mandriva Spring, and had already installed the dependencies
>> > required for 2.0.5.  I added swig and swig-devel.  My existing files were
>> > opened with no problems.  I had made a backup first, because I recall
>> > reading that the file will be converted.
>>
>> Did it complain about swig, or did you install it proactively?  If you're
>> using 2.1.5 from the distribution sources, you shouldn't need to have swig
>> installed.
>
> No, the announcement said it needed swig, so I made sure it was there.

It USES swig, but unless you're building from SVN it doesn't
(shouldn't) need it.

> Doug.

Re: Gnucash 2.1.5

Doug Laidlaw
On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 03:32:56 am Derek Atkins wrote:

> Doug Laidlaw <[hidden email]> writes:
> > I have just downloaded and installed Gnucash 2.1.5 with no problems.
> >
> > I am running Mandriva Spring, and had already installed the dependencies
> > required for 2.0.5.  I added swig and swig-devel.  My existing files were
> > opened with no problems.  I had made a backup first, because I recall
> > reading that the file will be converted.
>
> You shouldn't have needed to install swig if you're building from the
> tarball.
>
> -derek

I am running PCLinux on another partition.  An installation there didn't call
for swig.  I am still getting that crazy inability to delete transactions.
It will be nothing to do with Gnucash.  Perhaps because my default character
set is UTF-8?  A normal "keyboard and monitor" type would be better with
Latin-1, or whatever corresponds to the Windows set.  Or is it just that I
seem to attract any Murphy events like a magnet?  Even at the pokies, my wife
wins and I lose.  :)

Doug.
--
Here lies one who meant well, tried a little, failed much
   - surely that may be his epitaph, of which he need not be ashamed.