GnuCash: Register Entry Autofill

Charles Sliger
Is there any way to turn off the autofill function when ebtering
transactions in a register?
GnuCash frequently insists on creating a split transaction that I have
to deconstruct in order to enter a simple transaction.
I've looked in the Preferences but can't find anything that turns this
off.
--
-chaz
Charles Sliger

Re: GnuCash: Register Entry Autofill

Colin Law
On 17 March 2018 at 17:35, Charles Sliger <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there any way to turn off the autofill function when ebtering
> transactions in a register?
> GnuCash frequently insists on creating a split transaction that I have
> to deconstruct in order to enter a simple transaction.
> I've looked in the Preferences but can't find anything that turns this
> off.

I don't know about turning it off, but to remove splits once it
autofills you can use Right Click > Remove other splits

Colin

Re: GnuCash: Register Entry Autofill

Fred Bone
On 17 March 2018 at 10:35, Charles Sliger said:

> Is there any way to turn off the autofill function when ebtering
> transactions in a register?
> GnuCash frequently insists on creating a split transaction that I have to
> deconstruct in order to enter a simple transaction. I've looked in the
> Preferences but can't find anything that turns this off. -- -chaz Charles
> Sliger "No matter where you go... There you are... Buckaroo Banzai"

The simplest approach I've found is to type something that overrides the
autofill, then after tabbing to the Transfer column and entering the
relevant info, backtab back to Description to correct it.

AFAICT this is no more work overall than it would take to find and change
a setting to turn autofill off and then back on, unless perhaps the
setting was on the toolbar.