Generating UK vat quarter returns

Roger McCalman-2
I have been using GnuCash (1.8.11) for a while now and would like
to generate a report to help create my VAT return.

I have set up VAT accounts (in a manner explained in the FAQ) for
sales and purchases which get updated as expected. The gnucash file
I have has a years worth of data in and I want to extract just 1
quarter.

I have changed the scheme to get the start of first q/end of first
q to match my quarters.

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers, Roger

Re: Generating UK vat quarter returns

Maf. King
On Saturday 19 Nov 2005 19:19, Roger McCalman wrote:

> I have been using GnuCash (1.8.11) for a while now and would like
> to generate a report to help create my VAT return.
>
> I have set up VAT accounts (in a manner explained in the FAQ) for
> sales and purchases which get updated as expected. The gnucash file
> I have has a years worth of data in and I want to extract just 1
> quarter.
>
> I have changed the scheme to get the start of first q/end of first
> q to match my quarters.
>
> Any help much appreciated.
>
> Cheers, Roger

Hi Roger,

I get all the info I need from 3 transaction reports - no scheme changes
needed.

one report gives me totals for vat return boxes 1-5 ( basically VAT:Input,
VAT:output and the difference between the two)

one gives me vat box 6 - basically all the net income

one for box 7 - all the net expenses.

so far, I haven't needed boxes 8  & 9.

Set the date range for the report to be the dates of the vat quarter in
question - eg 1st Aug -> 31st Oct.

Just shout if that doesn't get you going!

Cheers,
Maf.

On Sat, Nov 19, 2005 at 11:05:51PM +0000, Maf. King wrote:

> I get all the info I need from 3 transaction reports - no scheme changes
> needed.
>
> one report gives me totals for vat return boxes 1-5 ( basically VAT:Input,
> VAT:output and the difference between the two)
>
> one gives me vat box 6 - basically all the net income
>
> one for box 7 - all the net expenses.
>
> so far, I haven't needed boxes 8  & 9.
>
> Set the date range for the report to be the dates of the vat quarter in
> question - eg 1st Aug -> 31st Oct.
>
> Just shout if that doesn't get you going!

Thanks, that worked well. I managed to get all 3 transaction reports onto
the same custum report. It would be nice if all three reports could
have the same options apart from the accounst of course.

While trying this out I had written a small perl script that parsed the
GNUCash XML file and displayed the required values.

Cheers, Roger