General Ledger dates

Cam Ellison
There appears to be no way to set the effective dates for the G/L to a
specific period: it starts with the beginning of the current calendar
year.  This is most inconvenient for businesses with a fiscal year that
starts on some other date than January 1.

The general-ledger.scm file appears to have no dating function in it.
Where else should I look?

TIA

Cam

--
Cam Ellison, Ph.D. R.Psych. #1417

Cam Ellison & Associates Ltd.
3446 Beach Avenue
Roberts Creek BC      V0N 2W2
Phone:           604-885-4806
Fax:             604-885-4809

Re: General Ledger dates

Derek Atkins
Sure there is!

If you mean Tools -> General Ledger, then the way to do it
is via View -> Filter By.   If, however, you mean the Reports ->
Assets & Liabilities -> General Ledger, then the way to do it
is via the [ Options ] toolbar entry.

-derek

Cam Ellison <[hidden email]> writes:

> There appears to be no way to set the effective dates for the G/L to a
> specific period: it starts with the beginning of the current calendar
> year.  This is most inconvenient for businesses with a fiscal year that
> starts on some other date than January 1.
>
> The general-ledger.scm file appears to have no dating function in it.
> Where else should I look?
>
> TIA
>
> Cam

Re: General Ledger dates

Cam Ellison
Derek Atkins wrote:
> Sure there is!
>
> If you mean Tools -> General Ledger, then the way to do it
> is via View -> Filter By.   If, however, you mean the Reports ->
> Assets & Liabilities -> General Ledger, then the way to do it
> is via the [ Options ] toolbar entry.

It's the former, and I didn't know that was how to go about it.  Very
useful information.  I'm sure it's in the docs, but couldn't find it.

Thanks

Cam

--
Cam Ellison, Ph.D. R.Psych. #1417