GNUCASH help requested from Dutch user (if any)

GNUCASH help requested from Dutch user (if any)

Theo van Riet Paap-2
Gnucash 2.0.5 / Kubuntu Feisty/ SME
Still in phase of trial and error. I´mḿ really desperate!
I´m currently fighting with taxes. (Dutch BTW) and invoices.
GNUCash calculates roughly twice the normal BTW value.
Would appreciate some face to face help. I am not aware of Dutch users; but
if one is able and willing to push me in the right direction ..so please let
me know.
TheovRP

Re: GNUCASH help requested from Dutch user (if any)

Quoting Theo van Riet Paap <[hidden email]>:

> Gnucash 2.0.5 / Kubuntu Feisty/ SME
> Still in phase of trial and error. I´mḿ really desperate!
> I´m currently fighting with taxes. (Dutch BTW) and invoices.
> GNUCash calculates roughly twice the normal BTW value.
> Would appreciate some face to face help. I am not aware of Dutch users; but
> if one is able and willing to push me in the right direction ..so please let
> me know.
> TheovRP

It would help if you gave more details about what you entered, what
gnucash says, and what you were expecting..  The vague "I have a problem"
above isn't something that anyone can help you with without asking for
more information.

On Monday 16 July 2007 00:20:50 Derek Atkins wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Quoting Theo van Riet Paap <[hidden email]>:
> > Gnucash 2.0.5 / Kubuntu Feisty/ SME
> > Still in phase of trial and error. I´mḿ really desperate!
> > I´m currently fighting with taxes. (Dutch BTW) and invoices.
> > GNUCash calculates roughly twice the normal BTW value.
> > Would appreciate some face to face help. I am not aware of Dutch users;
> > but if one is able and willing to push me in the right direction ..so
> > please let me know.
> > TheovRP
>
> It would help if you gave more details about what you entered, what
> gnucash says, and what you were expecting..  The vague "I have a problem"
> above isn't something that anyone can help you with without asking for
> more information.

Hi Derek,
Please find my detailed reply.
Until now I have only elaborated customer/invoice/tax/debiteuren situations.
Probably vendor/bill/tax/crediteuren elaborations might bring same confusion.
Thanks for any help.
Theo
====
SETTINGS

File/ properties > taxtables
        custoner standard > none
        vendor standard > none
Edit / tax options  (? if relevant for US tax only; why not invisible for
Europe??)
        not set
        in the left square  radiobuttons for income or expenses visible/ all other
info has been greyed
         out
Business/ taxtable
        in left window is visible > BTW
        in right window is visible > income: projects and income: sales and 19% each

ACCOUNT TREE:
*assets
        **banks type assets
        **debiteuren type a/to receive
*liabilities
        **creditcard type creditcard
        **crediteuren type a/to pay
*income
        **projects type income
        **sales type income
*expenses
        **car type expense
        **etc. etc. type expense
*tax
        **paid to authorities type activa
        **tax to received type a/ to receive
        **tax to pay type a/ to pay
*equity
        ** etc. etc. type equity

WHAT I INTENT TO DO:
1- registration of new customer
2- preparation of new invoice
3- booking of the invoice
4- booking of payment via bank

What I expect:
> bullet 2: a perfect split of the amount in sub total and in BTW (for BTW
included yes/no)
> bullet 3: booking of subtotal in account income/sales and BTW in account
Tax/a to pay (both credit) and the summed amount in account debiteuren
(assets/a to receive)
>bullet 4: a debet booking in one of the bank accounts and a credit booking in
the debiteuren account.

What happens
The first problem is that in bullet 2 already twice the expected amount is
showing up
The second problem is that in bullet 3 the two creditbookings are bothin the
income:sales account (not in one of the tax accounts). The debet booking is
in debiteuren where it should be.

Let me explain in more detail
* bullet 1:
Go Business/ new customer
Entry name customer eg. XYZ
In account tab >> entry eg. ´incl tax NO´
                >>and taxtable – BTW (and checked)
My understanding is that with the last checking previous settings will be
overruled

* bullet 2:
Go Business / New invoice (brings me to a register-like screen)
Row is  completed with eg income account ´income: sales´ and amounts and
values (eg 1x 100 Euro)
This results in same row are (with taxrelated = yes):
tax  included   sub total = 172,46 and tax = 27,54
tax not included sub total = 100,00 and tax = 38 (instead of 19)
Same with taxrelated = no gives 100 and 0 .

* bullet 3:
In this example I continued with the 100 plus 38 case.
In the completed screen (see bullet 2) Go  Book.
A new popup window ask for confirmation and for ook to account. There I have
following options namely:   ´debiteuren´ and ´tax á/to receive)
I choose for debiteuren.
Checkbox ´join bookings´ unchecked

This booking results in:
account debiteuren
debiteuren 138
sales 100
project  19
sales  19

account income:projects
debiteuren 138
sales 100
project  19
sales  19

account income:sales
debiteuren 138
sales 100
project  19
sales  19

Question 1: where origins the 19 under project????
Question 2: where is a booking in a tax account???

bullet 4
This part will be investigated after that previous issues have been solved.

====