[GNC] transaction not appear

Chris Tsuji

HI
Hope that someone can help.
Since July 14, i have typed several transactions and they do not appear.
where are they located?
gnucash 3.3
mac os 10.14.5

Thanks for your help in advance.
Chris tsuji

Re: [GNC] transaction not appear

Stan Brown
The truthful answer is that, unless you closed the file without saving,
they're wherever you put them. But that's not terribly helpful. :-)

Simplest thing is to let GC find them for you. Go into the Accounts page
and press Ctrl+F. This will initiate a search of all transactions in all
accounts. I usually find it helpful to search by "Description, notes, or
memo", and just enter some word that I used in one of the missing
transactions.

Once you've located them, make sure that the transaction date is what
you thought. If the transaction still doesn't appear in the account or
report were you're expecting it, check whether you've got a filter in
place that is hiding it.

Stan Brown
Tompkins County, New York, USA
http://BrownMath.com
http://OakRoadSystems.com

On 2019-07-22 20:08, Chris Tsuji wrote:

> HI
> Hope that someone can help.
> Since July 14, i have typed several transactions and they do not appear.
> where are they located?
> gnucash 3.3
> mac os 10.14.5
>
> Thanks for your help in advance.
> Chris tsuji

Re: [GNC] transaction not appear

Chris,
A common problem often occurs with date entry. At one stage 4 digit dates
were not recognized automatically and a date enterd in 2018 coiuld appear in
a year '20 for example. The other possibility is the d-m-y or m-d-y
ambiguity which can put transactions in the wrong month. GnuCash appears to
be pretty good at setting up locales in the V3 series  and interpreting date
formats but it is worth checking the preferences (
Edit->Preferences->Date_Time tab ).