[GNC] search

Jeff Abrahamson
[This is gnucash 2.6.19 on linux.  Some day I'll upgrade to 3.x.]

I have some transactions in which I've put a reminder that I am missing
the bill or receipt so that (ideally) we will chase the person who owes it.

But when I do a search for "description, note, or memo contains JUST" or
even the full =JUSTIFICATIF, I get an empty result set (despite having
checked "new search").  I'm only searching in the account where this
happens.

I can search for other words in the memo field.  Is there something
special about the equal sign?  Or some other reason this might not be
working?  (I used the equal sign to make it easy to search for such
tags, but that seems not to be working.  This is my private hack for not
having analytical accounting features.)

If I search the entire book (search initiated from the accounts window),
I do see results.  It's doubly strange that the search is different
depending on where I initiated it, given that all the results are in the
one bank account.

--

Jeff Abrahamson
+33 6 24 40 01 57

http://p27.eu/jeff/
http://transport-nantes.com/

Re: [GNC] search

Jeff Abrahamson
The list strips images, so information was lost.

I have an entry with a memo field containing the word (text string)
"=JUSTIFICATIF".

--

Jeff Abrahamson
+33 6 24 40 01 57

http://p27.eu/jeff/
http://transport-nantes.com/

Re: [GNC] search

John Ralls-2
Since it works when you search the whole book and fails when you search only one account, I must ask if you put the note in the memo field of the split for the account you're searching?

> On Apr 7, 2019, at 9:21 AM, Jeff Abrahamson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> The list strips images, so information was lost.
>
> I have an entry with a memo field containing the word (text string)
> "=JUSTIFICATIF".

> On 07/04/2019 18:05, Jeff Abrahamson wrote:
>> [This is gnucash 2.6.19 on linux.  Some day I'll upgrade to 3.x.]
>>
>> I have some transactions in which I've put a reminder that I am missing
>> the bill or receipt so that (ideally) we will chase the person who owes it.
>>
>> But when I do a search for "description, note, or memo contains JUST" or
>> even the full =JUSTIFICATIF, I get an empty result set (despite having
>> checked "new search").  I'm only searching in the account where this
>> happens.
>>
>> I can search for other words in the memo field.  Is there something
>> special about the equal sign?  Or some other reason this might not be
>> working?  (I used the equal sign to make it easy to search for such
>> tags, but that seems not to be working.  This is my private hack for not
>> having analytical accounting features.)
>>
>> If I search the entire book (search initiated from the accounts window),
>> I do see results.  It's doubly strange that the search is different
>> depending on where I initiated it, given that all the results are in the
>> one bank account.
>>
> --
>
> Jeff Abrahamson
> +33 6 24 40 01 57
> +44 7920 594 255
>
> http://p27.eu/jeff/
> http://transport-nantes.com/

Re: [GNC] search

Jeff Abrahamson
Ah, yes, it didn't occur to me that it wouldn't search through the split
memos.

Jeff Abrahamson

http://p27.eu/jeff/
http://transport-nantes.com/

On 07/04/2019 18:48, John Ralls wrote:

> Since it works when you search the whole book and fails when you search only one account, I must ask if you put the note in the memo field of the split for the account you're searching?

>> On Apr 7, 2019, at 9:21 AM, Jeff Abrahamson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> The list strips images, so information was lost.
>>
>> I have an entry with a memo field containing the word (text string)
>> "=JUSTIFICATIF".

>> On 07/04/2019 18:05, Jeff Abrahamson wrote:
>>> [This is gnucash 2.6.19 on linux.  Some day I'll upgrade to 3.x.]
>>>
>>> I have some transactions in which I've put a reminder that I am missing
>>> the bill or receipt so that (ideally) we will chase the person who owes it.
>>>
>>> But when I do a search for "description, note, or memo contains JUST" or
>>> even the full =JUSTIFICATIF, I get an empty result set (despite having
>>> checked "new search").  I'm only searching in the account where this
>>> happens.
>>>
>>> I can search for other words in the memo field.  Is there something
>>> special about the equal sign?  Or some other reason this might not be
>>> working?  (I used the equal sign to make it easy to search for such
>>> tags, but that seems not to be working.  This is my private hack for not
>>> having analytical accounting features.)
>>>
>>> If I search the entire book (search initiated from the accounts window),
>>> I do see results.  It's doubly strange that the search is different
>>> depending on where I initiated it, given that all the results are in the
>>> one bank account.
>>>
>> --
>>
>> Jeff Abrahamson
>> +33 6 24 40 01 57
>> +44 7920 594 255
>>
>> http://p27.eu/jeff/
>> http://transport-nantes.com/

Jeff Abrahamson
+33 6 24 40 01 57
+44 7920 594 255

http://p27.eu/jeff/
http://transport-nantes.com/

Re: [GNC] search

Derek Atkins-3
Certainly not if they are in other splits.

-derek
Sent using my mobile device. Please excuse any typos.