[GNC] report: group account activity by accounting period instead of by month

[GNC] report: group account activity by accounting period instead of by month

cerr
Hi,

I'm using GnuCash 2.6.12 and would like to create an annual report for tax
reporting purposes. For that, I would like to create a report where
transactions are grouped for the whole year, accounting period but instead,
I get them grouped by month. How can I change this?
Thanks,
Ron

Re: [GNC] Fwd: report: group account activity by accounting period instead of by month

GnuCash - User mailing list
I'm pretty sure you should be able (even with your vintage Gnucash version) to create a transaction report with these settings.

Select the accounts you want, set the dates to "Start of previous year" and "End of previous year", leave primary sort alone, but change secondary sort to "Date" with monthly subtotal.

David

  On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 7:25, Ron Eggler<[hidden email]> wrote:   Hi,

I'm using GnuCash 2.6.12 and would like to create an annual report for tax
reporting purposes. For that, I would like to create a report where
transactions are grouped for the whole year, accounting period but instead,
I get them grouped by month. How can I change this?
Thanks,
Ron

Re: [GNC] report: group account activity by accounting period instead of by month

> On Apr 7, 2019, at 6:53 PM, Ron Eggler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm using GnuCash 2.6.12 and would like to create an annual report for tax
> reporting purposes. For that, I would like to create a report where
> transactions are grouped for the whole year, accounting period but instead,
> I get them grouped by month. How can I change this?

Assuming the transaction report, click report options and select the sorting tab.

If your period is 1 year you can just uncheck "secondary subtotal". If the period is longer and you want yearly subtotals, change   secondary key to Date and Secondary Subtotal for Date Key to Yearly.

Re: [GNC] report: group account activity by accounting period instead of by month

GnuCash - User mailing list

Indeed.  I read that backwards, and advised how to get monthly subtotals.
If you are in the US, you might explore the Tax Options settings, which, when combined with the TXF report, can make tax reporting very easy.
David

  On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 8:25, John Ralls<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Apr 7, 2019, at 6:53 PM, Ron Eggler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm using GnuCash 2.6.12 and would like to create an annual report for tax
> reporting purposes. For that, I would like to create a report where
> transactions are grouped for the whole year, accounting period but instead,
> I get them grouped by month. How can I change this?

Assuming the transaction report, click report options and select the sorting tab.

If your period is 1 year you can just uncheck "secondary subtotal". If the period is longer and you want yearly subtotals, change      secondary key to Date and Secondary Subtotal for Date Key to Yearly.

Re: [GNC] report: group account activity by accounting period instead of by month

cerr
Thanks, guys!
I'm a GnuCash newbie regarding the creation of reports & sorting and stuff.
I think setting primary to Date by Month and Secondary to Date by year
gives me what I needed. However, the totals don't say which account the
numbers belongs to, how do I add that?

On Sun, Apr 7, 2019 at 8:15 PM David T. <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Indeed.  I read that backwards, and advised how to get monthly subtotals.
>
> If you are in the US, you might explore the Tax Options settings, which,
> when combined with the TXF report, can make tax reporting very easy.
>
> David
>
> On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 8:25, John Ralls
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

> > On Apr 7, 2019, at 6:53 PM, Ron Eggler <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using GnuCash 2.6.12 and would like to create an annual report for
> tax
> > reporting purposes. For that, I would like to create a report where
> > transactions are grouped for the whole year, accounting period but
> instead,
> > I get them grouped by month. How can I change this?
>
> Assuming the transaction report, click report options and select the
> sorting tab.
>
> If your period is 1 year you can just uncheck "secondary subtotal". If the
> period is longer and you want yearly subtotals, change      secondary key
> to Date and Secondary Subtotal for Date Key to Yearly.

> for more information.

Re: [GNC] report: group account activity by accounting period instead of by month

Adrien Monteleone-2
If you only ran the report for one account and you just want to label it, you can use the Report Name field in the General tab of the report options. It is a free-form field.

> On Apr 9, 2019, at 9:51 PM, Ron Eggler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Thanks, guys!
> I'm a GnuCash newbie regarding the creation of reports & sorting and stuff.
> I think setting primary to Date by Month and Secondary to Date by year
> gives me what I needed. However, the totals don't say which account the
> numbers belongs to, how do I add that?

Re: [GNC] Fwd: report: group account activity by accounting period instead of by month

Christopher Lam
The transaction report in more recent versions has much better grouping
options and can also summarise the periodic totals in a grid format.