[GNC] reconcile history

Jeff Abrahamson
Although I have been reconciling my bank statement regularly, I discover
today that gnucash's (v 2.6.19) idea of previous balance does not
correspond to my bank's.  I don't remember deleting or changing a
reconciled transaction, and I should think I would have said no to the
warning that I was about to, but I suspect nonetheless that that's what
happened.

I've found a couple candidate transactions in the logs.  What I'm
unclear on is how to determine if those lines represent deletions or
not.  I suspect naively that it is field 0 (mod), which takes on values
B, C, and D.

Alternatively, is there any log kept of when I reconcile?  I know the
last reconciled balance is available, but a log of "reconciled to this
date and this amount at this time" would also be of use.

--

Jeff Abrahamson
+33 6 24 40 01 57

http://p27.eu/jeff/
http://transport-nantes.com/

Re: [GNC] reconcile history

Adrien Monteleone-2
You could also filter the view of transactions in the register (View > Filter by...) and choose to show only unreconciled transactions. If you see any from before the date of your last reconciliation, those are likely the culprits.

> On Jan 29, 2019, at 9:47 AM, Jeff Abrahamson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Although I have been reconciling my bank statement regularly, I discover
> today that gnucash's (v 2.6.19) idea of previous balance does not
> correspond to my bank's.  I don't remember deleting or changing a
> reconciled transaction, and I should think I would have said no to the
> warning that I was about to, but I suspect nonetheless that that's what
> happened.
>
> I've found a couple candidate transactions in the logs.  What I'm
> unclear on is how to determine if those lines represent deletions or
> not.  I suspect naively that it is field 0 (mod), which takes on values
> B, C, and D.
>
> Alternatively, is there any log kept of when I reconcile?  I know the
> last reconciled balance is available, but a log of "reconciled to this
> date and this amount at this time" would also be of use.
>
> --
>
> Jeff Abrahamson

Re: [GNC] reconcile history

Or you could just ignore the starting balance, and see whether reconciling will balance out, once you've reclicked the dereconciled entries.

On January 29, 2019, at 9:29 PM, Adrien Monteleone <[hidden email]> wrote:

You could also filter the view of transactions in the register (View > Filter by...) and choose to show only unreconciled transactions. If you see any from before the date of your last reconciliation, those are likely the culprits.

> On Jan 29, 2019, at 9:47 AM, Jeff Abrahamson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Although I have been reconciling my bank statement regularly, I discover
> today that gnucash's (v 2.6.19) idea of previous balance does not
> correspond to my bank's.  I don't remember deleting or changing a
> reconciled transaction, and I should think I would have said no to the
> warning that I was about to, but I suspect nonetheless that that's what
> happened.
>
> I've found a couple candidate transactions in the logs.  What I'm
> unclear on is how to determine if those lines represent deletions or
> not.  I suspect naively that it is field 0 (mod), which takes on values
> B, C, and D.
>
> Alternatively, is there any log kept of when I reconcile?  I know the
> last reconciled balance is available, but a log of "reconciled to this
> date and this amount at this time" would also be of use.
>
> --
>
> Jeff Abrahamson

Re: [GNC] reconcile history

An issue that I frequently have is that when I download transactions from a
credit card account there is always one or more payments that now also
appear in the bank account if I did not notice and match it up correctly to
the transaction from the bank during the import process.  Since this is
really confirming that the payment arrived, I just need to identify it
correctly before I proceed to the following month's reconciliation of the
bank statement.

David C