[GNC] not been able to launch Gnu Cash 3.4

[GNC] not been able to launch Gnu Cash 3.4

vinod gandhi
Dear sir,

I have Macbook Pro running on Mac OS High Sierra version 10.13.6. Today I
downloaded Gnu Cash 3.4 stable version for my Mac. But I was not able to
launch the setup file. The system does not even accept and load the Gnu
icon.

I would like you to help me in launching this.

Thank You,

Vinod Gandhi

GnuCash 3.4

 3.4

Re: [GNC] not been able to launch Gnu Cash 3.4

John Ralls-2

> On Feb 25, 2019, at 7:20 AM, vinod gandhi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear sir,
>
> I have Macbook Pro running on Mac OS High Sierra version 10.13.6. Today I
> downloaded Gnu Cash 3.4 stable version for my Mac. But I was not able to
> launch the setup file. The system does not even accept and load the Gnu
> icon.
>
> I would like you to help me in launching this.

Vinod,

There is no setup file. The file you should have downloaded is a disk image containing GnuCash.app, Update Finance::Quote.app, and some text files. To install just open the disk image and drag GnuCash.app (the .app part might not display depending on your Finder view preferences) to a regular folder. Most users put it in Applications. Once that's done, double click it. GateKeeper will put up a dialog about apps downloaded from the internet, tell it to open the app. GateKeeper will check the signature and should open GnuCash, though for some users it doesn't. If that happens just double-click GnuCash's Finder entry again and it should open.

If that fails, try opening it from Terminal as follows: Open Applications:Utilities:Terminal. It will display a window with a prompt. At the prompt type
  /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/Gnucash
(If you put it somewhere other than Applications adjust the path accordingly). If it still fails to open paste any output from Terminal into a reply. Please remember to copy the list when you reply.

Re: [GNC] not been able to launch Gnu Cash 3.4

vinod gandhi
Dear John,

It worked. Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.

Regards,
Vinod Gandhi

On Mon 25 Feb, 2019, 11:38 PM John Ralls <[hidden email] wrote:

> > On Feb 25, 2019, at 7:20 AM, vinod gandhi <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Dear sir,
> >
> > I have Macbook Pro running on Mac OS High Sierra version 10.13.6. Today I
> > downloaded Gnu Cash 3.4 stable version for my Mac. But I was not able to
> > launch the setup file. The system does not even accept and load the Gnu
> > icon.
> >
> > I would like you to help me in launching this.
>
> Vinod,
>
> There is no setup file. The file you should have downloaded is a disk
> image containing GnuCash.app, Update Finance::Quote.app, and some text
> files. To install just open the disk image and drag GnuCash.app (the .app
> part might not display depending on your Finder view preferences) to a
> regular folder. Most users put it in Applications. Once that's done, double
> click it. GateKeeper will put up a dialog about apps downloaded from the
> internet, tell it to open the app. GateKeeper will check the signature and
> should open GnuCash, though for some users it doesn't. If that happens just
> double-click GnuCash's Finder entry again and it should open.
>
> If that fails, try opening it from Terminal as follows: Open
> Applications:Utilities:Terminal. It will display a window with a prompt. At
> the prompt type
>   /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/Gnucash
> (If you put it somewhere other than Applications adjust the path
> accordingly). If it still fails to open paste any output from Terminal into
> a reply. Please remember to copy the list when you reply.

Re: [GNC] not been able to launch Gnu Cash 3.4

vinod gandhi
Dear John,
I was able to launch GNU Cash 3.4 on my Macpro Book with your help. I have
another problem which you could help.  I want to use GNU Cash for keeping
my personal account and not business acc. When I
select from the menu File |New | New File. This launches the New Account
Hierarchy Setup assistant. We use INR (Indian Rupee) as currency. I want to
choose the Common Accounts which should be checked by default. This option
is for users who want to set up personal accounts. But I only get one
Business account which shows INR GST. It does not show anything else. I
tried to change it in Options but there is nothing in it. How can I get
Common Accounts?
Many thanks in advance.
Vinod Gandhi

On Mon 25 Feb, 2019, 11:38 PM John Ralls <[hidden email] wrote:

> > On Feb 25, 2019, at 7:20 AM, vinod gandhi <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Dear sir,
> >
> > I have Macbook Pro running on Mac OS High Sierra version 10.13.6. Today I
> > downloaded Gnu Cash 3.4 stable version for my Mac. But I was not able to
> > launch the setup file. The system does not even accept and load the Gnu
> > icon.
> >
> > I would like you to help me in launching this.
>
> Vinod,
>
> There is no setup file. The file you should have downloaded is a disk
> image containing GnuCash.app, Update Finance::Quote.app, and some text
> files. To install just open the disk image and drag GnuCash.app (the .app
> part might not display depending on your Finder view preferences) to a
> regular folder. Most users put it in Applications. Once that's done, double
> click it. GateKeeper will put up a dialog about apps downloaded from the
> internet, tell it to open the app. GateKeeper will check the signature and
> should open GnuCash, though for some users it doesn't. If that happens just
> double-click GnuCash's Finder entry again and it should open.
>
> If that fails, try opening it from Terminal as follows: Open
> Applications:Utilities:Terminal. It will display a window with a prompt. At
> the prompt type
>   /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/Gnucash
> (If you put it somewhere other than Applications adjust the path
> accordingly). If it still fails to open paste any output from Terminal into
> a reply. Please remember to copy the list when you reply.

Re: [GNC] not been able to launch Gnu Cash 3.4

John Ralls
Vinod,

We depend on volunteers who are familiar with accounting in particular countries to build the templates and so far only the one template has been contributed for India.

The templates you're presented with in the new accounts dialog are determined by the locale, so to see a different one change the locale (see https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Locale_Settings). en_GB is probably the best choice. Remember to set INR as the book currency. Once you've saved the new book you can quit GnuCash and restart it in your regular locale.

> On Mar 14, 2019, at 8:28 AM, vinod gandhi <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear John,
> I was able to launch GNU Cash 3.4 on my Macpro Book with your help. I have another problem which you could help.  I want to use GNU Cash for keeping my personal account and not business acc. When I
> select from the menu File |New | New File. This launches the New Account Hierarchy Setup assistant. We use INR (Indian Rupee) as currency. I want to choose the Common Accounts which should be checked by default. This option is for users who want to set up personal accounts. But I only get one Business account which shows INR GST. It does not show anything else. I tried to change it in Options but there is nothing in it. How can I get Common Accounts?
> Many thanks in advance.
> Vinod Gandhi
>
> On Mon 25 Feb, 2019, 11:38 PM John Ralls <[hidden email] wrote:
>

> > On Feb 25, 2019, at 7:20 AM, vinod gandhi <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Dear sir,
> >
> > I have Macbook Pro running on Mac OS High Sierra version 10.13.6. Today I
> > downloaded Gnu Cash 3.4 stable version for my Mac. But I was not able to
> > launch the setup file. The system does not even accept and load the Gnu
> > icon.
> >
> > I would like you to help me in launching this.
>
> Vinod,
>
> There is no setup file. The file you should have downloaded is a disk image containing GnuCash.app, Update Finance::Quote.app, and some text files. To install just open the disk image and drag GnuCash.app (the .app part might not display depending on your Finder view preferences) to a regular folder. Most users put it in Applications. Once that's done, double click it. GateKeeper will put up a dialog about apps downloaded from the internet, tell it to open the app. GateKeeper will check the signature and should open GnuCash, though for some users it doesn't. If that happens just double-click GnuCash's Finder entry again and it should open.
>
> If that fails, try opening it from Terminal as follows: Open Applications:Utilities:Terminal. It will display a window with a prompt. At the prompt type
>   /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/Gnucash
> (If you put it somewhere other than Applications adjust the path accordingly). If it still fails to open paste any output from Terminal into a reply. Please remember to copy the list when you reply.

Re: [GNC] not been able to launch Gnu Cash 3.4

vinod gandhi
John,

Thank you very much for your help. I have done it as per your instructions.

Regards
Vinod Gandhi