[GNC] moving info securities from windows to linux

[GNC] moving info securities from windows to linux

uhopfer@gmail
Where does gnucash keep info about securities and can this info be moved
to linux? I have been using gnucash for several years on windows and
download security prices. This info about securities in not in the
*.gnucash data file. Gnucash is installed on linux (64-bit), but without
the securities info. Thanks for any hint.

--
Ulrich Hopfer
2915 Coleridge Rd.

Re: [GNC] moving info securities from windows to linux

David Carlson-4
On Mon, Jan 28, 2019, 9:31 PM uhopfer@gmail <[hidden email] wrote:

> Where does gnucash keep info about securities and can this info be moved
> to linux? I have been using gnucash for several years on windows and
> download security prices. This info about securities in not in the
> *.gnucash data file. Gnucash is installed on linux (64-bit), but without
> the securities info. Thanks for any hint.
>
> --
> Ulrich Hopfer
> 2915 Coleridge Rd.
> Cleveland Heights, OH 44118
> 216-932-2437

Ulrich,

The historical prices that you have downloaded or manually entered is in
the GnuCash data file.

What is not in the data file is the method you used to do the download.
That F::Q method must be downloaded separately per the instructions for
your particular Linux flavor ppa.

David C