[GNC] menu sizes

GnuCash - User mailing list
Hi - for some reason, recently whenever I open gnu cash, all the dialogue boxes open with the bottom buttons barely visible and unusable until I drag the box sides to make each one bigger.  This is extremely inconvenient and annoying.  Anyone have an idea as to what I did to make this happen and how to correct it?

Re: [GNC] menu sizes

John Ralls-2

> On Jul 22, 2019, at 9:42 PM, Eric Rathhaus (general) via gnucash-user <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi - for some reason, recently whenever I open gnu cash, all the dialogue boxes open with the bottom buttons barely visible and unusable until I drag the box sides to make each one bigger.  This is extremely inconvenient and annoying.  Anyone have an idea as to what I did to make this happen and how to correct it?

My first guess would be that you changed the monitor setup. GnuCash saves the sizes and positions of its windows in the "book" file of its state directory. It can't see your monitor setup so if you change it those saved sizes and positions can be out-of-whack.

Re: [GNC] menu sizes

Colin Law
On Tue, 23 Jul 2019 at 05:45, Eric Rathhaus (general) via gnucash-user
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi - for some reason, recently whenever I open gnu cash, all the dialogue boxes open with the bottom buttons barely visible and unusable until I drag the box sides to make each one bigger.  This is extremely inconvenient and annoying.  Anyone have an idea as to what I did to make this happen and how to correct it?

If you note a particular dialog that you have to do this on, then
close GnuCash and re-open it, does that dialog now remember the size
you changed it to or has it reverted to the smaller size?

Colin

Re: [GNC] menu sizes

GnuCash - User mailing list
Hi Collin, Yes it  does it for every dialogue box, and despite repeated corrections, saves, and reopenings by me, it’s still happening.

> On Jul 23, 2019, at 12:50 AM, Colin Law <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On Tue, 23 Jul 2019 at 05:45, Eric Rathhaus (general) via gnucash-user
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi - for some reason, recently whenever I open gnu cash, all the dialogue boxes open with the bottom buttons barely visible and unusable until I drag the box sides to make each one bigger.  This is extremely inconvenient and annoying.  Anyone have an idea as to what I did to make this happen and how to correct it?
>
> If you note a particular dialog that you have to do this on, then
> close GnuCash and re-open it, does that dialog now remember the size
> you changed it to or has it reverted to the smaller size?
>
> Colin

Re: [GNC] menu sizes

Eric Coates

>>> Hi - for some reason, recently whenever I open gnu cash, all the dialogue boxes open with the bottom buttons barely visible and unusable until I drag the box sides to make each one bigger.  This is extremely inconvenient and annoying.  Anyone have an idea as to what I did to make this happen and how to correct it?

Eric

Some time back I had a somewhat similar situation; I found a possible
reason and a fix for my situation.

But - I'm running a dual screen version of Ubuntu 19.04 so "my" fix may
not be applicable for you.

In 19.04 there is a screen setup utility that allows for the alignment
and position of the two (in my case) screens. It turned out that I had
not been exact enough in making sure that the top edges of the two
screens were EXACTLY in line - they were out by just a few pixels. When
I got the alignment right (took a bit of trial and error) all was OK.

Up to that point I'd always assumed that the picture shown in the
utility was a simple schematic showing just leftness/rightness, upness
and downness but it turned out to be more sophisticated than that.

In the hope that'll help

Best wishes

Eric