[GNC] is there a way to undo last months reconciliation

[GNC] is there a way to undo last months reconciliation

GnuCash - User mailing list
I have a transaction that was not reconciled in the previous month but should have. Can I undo last months reconciliation and redo it? Or is there a way to reconcile the transaction that got missed?
Thanks,Harold

Re: [GNC] is there a way to undo last months reconciliation

Adrien Monteleone-2
Simply re-run the reconciliation and include that transaction. But if you completed the reconcilliation without it, likely you had to make a correcting entry to work out the balance. You should either delete or adjust that correcting entry.

If you didn’t have to make a correcting entry originally, either something else is off, and/or you’ll need to make one now.

> On Apr 5, 2019, at 5:08 PM, Harold via gnucash-user <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I have a transaction that was not reconciled in the previous month but should have. Can I undo last months reconciliation and redo it? Or is there a way to reconcile the transaction that got missed?
> Thanks,Harold

Re: [GNC] is there a way to undo last months reconciliation

Colin Law
How did you successfully reconcile without selecting that transaction?
 The ending balance should not have matched.

Colin

On Fri, 5 Apr 2019 at 23:10, Harold via gnucash-user
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have a transaction that was not reconciled in the previous month but should have. Can I undo last months reconciliation and redo it? Or is there a way to reconcile the transaction that got missed?
> Thanks,Harold

Re: [GNC] is there a way to undo last months reconciliation

GnuCash - User mailing list
 Not sure how it happened. I have suspicion-ed in the past that somehow a reconciled transaction got un-reconciled.  Probably not possible, but just not sure.

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I have a transaction that was not reconciled in the previous month but should have. Can I undo last months reconciliation and redo it? Or is there a way to reconcile the transaction that got missed?
> Thanks,Harold

Re: [GNC] is there a way to undo last months reconciliation

Adrien Monteleone-2
No, that’s very easy to accomplish. Most edits on a reconciled transaction will unset the flag. You should get a warning, but you may have dismissed it long ago. You can change this under Actions > Reset Warnings.

If that is the case, simply re-reconcile.

> On Apr 7, 2019, at 8:42 AM, Harold via gnucash-user <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Not sure how it happened. I have suspicion-ed in the past that somehow a reconciled transaction got un-reconciled.  Probably not possible, but just not sure.
>
>    On Saturday, April 6, 2019, 3:17:58 AM CDT, Colin Law <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> How did you successfully reconcile without selecting that transaction?
> The ending balance should not have matched.
>
> Colin
>
> On Fri, 5 Apr 2019 at 23:10, Harold via gnucash-user
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I have a transaction that was not reconciled in the previous month but should have. Can I undo last months reconciliation and redo it? Or is there a way to reconcile the transaction that got missed?
>> Thanks,Harold

Re: [GNC] is there a way to undo last months reconciliation

GnuCash - User mailing list
Adrien,

I have seen how easy it is to have this happen; I had an import that had extraneous spaces in the Description field, and when I corrected that, the transactions de-reconciled.

There were no warnings. I don’t believe I’ve ever set this option anywhere; how would a user locate the setting in question?

Note that I’m not asking to reset all my preferences; I am asking where I can see the setting that I ostensibly have previously set. If the UI doesn’t expose this setting, is there a way to locate it from outside GC?

David

> On Apr 7, 2019, at 7:22 PM, Adrien Monteleone <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> No, that’s very easy to accomplish. Most edits on a reconciled transaction will unset the flag. You should get a warning, but you may have dismissed it long ago. You can change this under Actions > Reset Warnings.
>
> If that is the case, simply re-reconcile.
>
> Regards,
> Adrien
>
>> On Apr 7, 2019, at 8:42 AM, Harold via gnucash-user <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Not sure how it happened. I have suspicion-ed in the past that somehow a reconciled transaction got un-reconciled.  Probably not possible, but just not sure.
>>
>>   On Saturday, April 6, 2019, 3:17:58 AM CDT, Colin Law <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> How did you successfully reconcile without selecting that transaction?
>> The ending balance should not have matched.
>>
>> Colin
>>
>> On Fri, 5 Apr 2019 at 23:10, Harold via gnucash-user
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I have a transaction that was not reconciled in the previous month but should have. Can I undo last months reconciliation and redo it? Or is there a way to reconcile the transaction that got missed?
>>> Thanks,Harold

Re: [GNC] is there a way to undo last months reconciliation

David Carlson-4
David T

Isn't that one of the warnings in the reset warnings setting?

David Carlson

On Sun, Apr 7, 2019, 10:40 AM David T. via gnucash-user <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Adrien,
>
> I have seen how easy it is to have this happen; I had an import that had
> extraneous spaces in the Description field, and when I corrected that, the
> transactions de-reconciled.
>
> There were no warnings. I don’t believe I’ve ever set this option
> anywhere; how would a user locate the setting in question?
>
> Note that I’m not asking to reset all my preferences; I am asking where I
> can see the setting that I ostensibly have previously set. If the UI
> doesn’t expose this setting, is there a way to locate it from outside GC?
>
> David
>
> > On Apr 7, 2019, at 7:22 PM, Adrien Monteleone <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > No, that’s very easy to accomplish. Most edits on a reconciled
> transaction will unset the flag. You should get a warning, but you may have
> dismissed it long ago. You can change this under Actions > Reset Warnings.
> >
> > If that is the case, simply re-reconcile.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Adrien
> >
> >> On Apr 7, 2019, at 8:42 AM, Harold via gnucash-user <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> Not sure how it happened. I have suspicion-ed in the past that somehow
> a reconciled transaction got un-reconciled.  Probably not possible, but
> just not sure.
> >>
> >>   On Saturday, April 6, 2019, 3:17:58 AM CDT, Colin Law <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
> >>
> >> How did you successfully reconcile without selecting that transaction?
> >> The ending balance should not have matched.
> >>
> >> Colin

> should have. Can I undo last months reconciliation and redo it? Or is there
> a way to reconcile the transaction that got missed?

Re: [GNC] is there a way to undo last months reconciliation

foxylady337
> On 7 Apr 2019, at 16:33, David T. via gnucash-user <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Adrien,
>
> I have seen how easy it is to have this happen; I had an import that had extraneous spaces in the Description field, and when I corrected that, the transactions de-reconciled.
>
> There were no warnings. I don’t believe I’ve ever set this option anywhere; how would a user locate the setting in question?
>
> Note that I’m not asking to reset all my preferences; I am asking where I can see the setting that I ostensibly have previously set. If the UI doesn’t expose this setting, is there a way to locate it from outside GC?
>
> David

Before upgrading from 2.6.1 to 3.4 I always got a warning when adjusting the value of a transaction, but this stopped when I upgraded without any action on my part.

The Actions->Reset Warnings… menu option tells you which warnings you’ve switched off and allows you to switch any or all of them on again using a check-list, so you can be selective.

Michael

Re: [GNC] is there a way to undo last months reconciliation

GnuCash - User mailing list
OK. Thanks for pointing that out.