[GNC] import qif

GnuCash - User mailing list
Hello,

     I've been slowly converting my Quicken 2016 to GnuCash.  Two of my
Quicken accounts don't import.  They both span multiple years.  I think
I've found why they don't import (incorrect qif headers) .  My problem
is, even if I break these accounts into many files of a handful of
transactions each, it still takes hours to import any of these files
because GnuCash spends so much time trying to match transactions.  Is
there any way to import a QIF and disable GnuCash transaction matching.
It is much easier to hand edit these two accounts, since I'll only have
to do it once. Thanks in advance.

iii

Re: [GNC] import qif

cicko
GnuCash - User mailing list wrote
> Is there any way to import a QIF and disable GnuCash transaction
> matching.

I'd second making this step optional on import (for both QIF and CSV). It
would significantly reduce the import time and allow a convenient way of
integrating GnuCash with additional tools.
Having a command-line parameters for import would be even better (now that
the CSV import configurations can be saved) as it would avoid running the
GUI, if possible.

Re: [GNC] import qif

Derek Atkins-3

"Joseph G. Keithley, III via gnucash-user" <[hidden email]>
writes:

> Hello,
>
>     I've been slowly converting my Quicken 2016 to GnuCash.  Two of my
> Quicken accounts don't import.  They both span multiple years.  I
> think I've found why they don't import (incorrect qif headers) .  My
> problem is, even if I break these accounts into many files of a
> handful of transactions each, it still takes hours to import any of
> these files because GnuCash spends so much time trying to match
> transactions.  Is there any way to import a QIF and disable GnuCash
> transaction matching.  It is much easier to hand edit these two
> accounts, since I'll only have to do it once. Thanks in advance.

Sorry, no, I know of no way to disable that step without changing the
code to skip it (which, of course, you are welcome to do).

Sorry,

> iii

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745

Re: [GNC] import qif

David Carlson-4
If you have identified some incorrect qif headers then you should know what
they should be.  Preprocess the qif files in a word processor before
importing.

David Carlson