[GNC] import from csv messing with trailing quotation marks

[GNC] import from csv messing with trailing quotation marks

Andrea Borgia
Hi.

Splitting multi-year book by exporting transactions to CSV and importing
them in a new file, I noticed that trailing quotation marks (") in split
  descriptions have been replaced by a backslash.

Am I doing something wrong during the export? I see there is a "quote"
checkbox but there is no help associated so I didn't use it.

If the quotation mark does not appear at the end of the split
description, then all is well.

PBCAK or (possibly known) bug?

Regards,
Andrea.

Re: [GNC] import from csv messing with trailing quotation marks

Andrea Borgia
reply to self to add: also leading marks are affected.
basically, all marks that appear at the very beginning or end of a
description.

Re: [GNC] import from csv messing with trailing quotation marks

Geert Janssens-4
Op zondag 10 maart 2019 12:11:55 CET schreef Andrea Borgia:
> reply to self to add: also leading marks are affected.
> basically, all marks that appear at the very beginning or end of a
> description.

Hi,

What version of GnuCash is this ? I can't seem to reproduce this with the
current maint branch (which will soon become released as gnucash 3.5).