[GNC] how to remember an interest account?

[GNC] how to remember an interest account?

Paul Kinzelman
When I reconcile a charge card, GC remembers the account I pay
the card out of, and in the payment window (after reconciliation),
it selects this account which is quite convenient.

However, when I reconcile, say a savings account, the window that
pops up to account for the interest does not pre-select the account that
I always use to post the interest. Both sides of the window (to select
the debit account and the credit account) show the same account.

Is there any way for GC to remember the account from the last time
I reconciled and posted interest, and select that same account for
interest again?

Given that the remembering for charge cards works, I would almost
think the lack of remembering is a bug. Should I post a bug someplace?

Thanks!

Re: [GNC] how to remember an interest account?

Robert Heller
At Sun, 4 Aug 2019 08:00:05 -0600 [hidden email] wrote:

> When I reconcile a charge card, GC remembers the account I pay
> the card out of, and in the payment window (after reconciliation),
> it selects this account which is quite convenient.
>
> However, when I reconcile, say a savings account, the window that
> pops up to account for the interest does not pre-select the account that
> I always use to post the interest. Both sides of the window (to select
> the debit account and the credit account) show the same account.
>
> Is there any way for GC to remember the account from the last time
> I reconciled and posted interest, and select that same account for
> interest again?
>
> Given that the remembering for charge cards works, I would almost
> think the lack of remembering is a bug. Should I post a bug someplace?

Assuming you use the same text for the *description*, once you tab to there in
the form and start to enter the description, it will remember/fill things in.
At least that is what happens with the older version I am using (2.4.15) under
CentOS 6.

> Thanks!

Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933

Robert Heller                      -- 978-544-6933
Deepwoods Software        -- Download the Model Railroad System
http://www.deepsoft.com/  -- Binaries for Linux and MS-Windows
heller@deepsoft.com        -- http://www.deepsoft.com/ModelRailroadSystem/