[GNC-dev] gtk-mac-bundler-0.6.1

chris graves
Just curious if this is the current version.  I'm having problems creating the bundle.  Not sure if it's user error or ???

I modified the files indicated in the wiki and ran the program as follows:
chris$ pwd
/Users/chris/src/gnucash-bundler/gtk-mac-bundler-0.6.1
chris$ gtk-mac-bundler gnucash.bundle
Cannot find source to copy: /Users/chris/src/gnucash-bundler/gtk-mac-bundler-0.6.1/Sources

But the Sources directory doesn't exist.  I commented out this section in gnucash.bundle and got further, but then encountered further errors.

Thanks,
Chris

Re: [GNC-dev] gtk-mac-bundler-0.6.1

John Ralls-2

> On Jul 13, 2018, at 12:48 PM, chris graves <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Just curious if this is the current version.  I'm having problems creating the bundle.  Not sure if it's user error or ???
>
> I modified the files indicated in the wiki and ran the program as follows:
> chris$ pwd
> /Users/chris/src/gnucash-bundler/gtk-mac-bundler-0.6.1
> chris$ gtk-mac-bundler gnucash.bundle
> Cannot find source to copy: /Users/chris/src/gnucash-bundler/gtk-mac-bundler-0.6.1/Sources
>
> But the Sources directory doesn't exist.  I commented out this section in gnucash.bundle and got further, but then encountered further errors.

No, it isn't. The last tag was gtk-mac-bundler-0.7.4, but even that's a bit old. I've updated the instructions at https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/MacOSX/Quartz#Making_a_Bundle, including cloning the repo instead of downloading a tarball.

You want the gtk-mac-bundler sources separate from the gtk-bundler sources. I put mine in ~/Sources next to jhbuild's.

Don't mess with gnucash.bundle unless you understand exactly what you're doing. In general jhbuild's $PREFIX should be sufficient to find everything if you've build GnuCash successfully according to https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/MacOSX/Quartz#Building.

Re: [GNC-dev] gtk-mac-bundler-0.6.1

chris graves
Looks like the link on the wiki is a bit out of date, found an updated version here:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk-mac-bundler.git