[GNC-dev] gnucash.org logins

GnuCash - Dev mailing list
Hello,

I have noticed that the logins for bugs.gnucash.org <http://bugs.gnucash.org/> and wiki.gnucash.org <http://wiki.gnucash.org/> are different. The former requires an email address; the latter allows user names. Is there any way to have these two logins be the same?

David T.

Re: [GNC-dev] gnucash.org logins

Derek Atkins-3
David,

On Sun, February 3, 2019 1:51 am, David T. via gnucash-devel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have noticed that the logins for bugs.gnucash.org
> <http://bugs.gnucash.org/> and wiki.gnucash.org <http://wiki.gnucash.org/>
> are different. The former requires an email address; the latter allows
> user names. Is there any way to have these two logins be the same?

They are completely separate systems using completely separate databases,
so I have no idea how you could merry their user databases.  Theoretically
they could be running on completely separate hardware, too.

-derek

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745

Re: [GNC-dev] gnucash.org logins

GnuCash - Dev mailing list
Well, yes. Like they were! But, now that they're not...

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745

Re: [GNC-dev] gnucash.org logins

John Ralls-2
They're still separate programs with different database schema. The authentication code of one would need to be rewritten to use the other's user table. Since both are provided by third parties that would make future upgrades a PITA.

You could request a new account on the wiki with your full email address as a user name and then set the same password as on your BZ account.

Or you could do the right thing and set up both passwords in 1Password or LastPass and let the password manager worry about it.