[GNC-dev] buglist needs tidying

GnuCash - Dev mailing list
I know I am not the favourite person here, however, some things need to
be said.

The "known issues" list at http://gnucash.org/news.phtml is a mess and
needs tidying.

There are a number of duplicate reports.  They don't help anyone because
each of the reporting individuals is left thinking their problem isn't
being attended to.  I know they are being attended to or at least
considered in some cases, they should be brought together.  I think
triage is required rather than divide and rule.

There is more than one substantive issue in the buglist (and I don't
mean the issues I have raised).  What should the priorities be?  Should
the dev effort be directed to the interface or the actual?

I'll leave it at that, if this gets to be published take a look at some
of the things on the list and try to work out which ones you think are
significant.  I'm not arguing for populism, I'm saying we should think
about what the gnc priorities are, merge some of them together and see
if we have some direction after that.

I repeat, I know I have upset many people here but ...

--
Wm

Re: [GNC-dev] buglist needs tidying

Derek Atkins-3
Wm,

Since the website (and news) is all in git; would you care to work on a
patch-set that cleans it up and propose a PR against the gnucash-htdocs
repo?

-derek

Wm via gnucash-devel <[hidden email]> writes:

> I know I am not the favourite person here, however, some things need
> to be said.
>
> The "known issues" list at http://gnucash.org/news.phtml is a mess and
> needs tidying.
>
> There are a number of duplicate reports.  They don't help anyone
> because each of the reporting individuals is left thinking their
> problem isn't being attended to.  I know they are being attended to or
> at least considered in some cases, they should be brought together.  I
> think triage is required rather than divide and rule.
>
> There is more than one substantive issue in the buglist (and I don't
> mean the issues I have raised).  What should the priorities be?
> Should the dev effort be directed to the interface or the actual?
>
> I'll leave it at that, if this gets to be published take a look at
> some of the things on the list and try to work out which ones you
> think are significant.  I'm not arguing for populism, I'm saying we
> should think about what the gnc priorities are, merge some of them
> together and see if we have some direction after that.
>
> I repeat, I know I have upset many people here but ...

--
       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745

Re: [GNC-dev] buglist needs tidying

John Ralls-2
Derek,

I'm pretty sure Wm is suggesting scrubbing BZ.

John Ralls <[hidden email]> writes:

> Derek,
>
> I'm pretty sure Wm is suggesting scrubbing BZ.

Triaging the bug list isn't a bad idea, either.

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745