[GNC-dev] Wiki Page: Configuration Locations

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[GNC-dev] Wiki Page: Configuration Locations

GnuCash - Dev mailing list
Hello,

The Configurations Locations wiki page (https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Configuration_Locations <https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Configuration_Locations>), added in April 2018, appears primarily to cover information for GnuCash version 3 and up. I am not expert enough to say this with authority, but numerous examples (e.g., for the GTK aspects) suggest this.

Given that earlier versions of GnuCash are still supported, would someone with knowledge of this information be willing to add detail covering earlier versions?

TIA,
David
_______________________________________________
gnucash-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [GNC-dev] Wiki Page: Configuration Locations

Geert Janssens-4
Op zondag 14 oktober 2018 14:37:24 CEST schreef David T. via gnucash-devel:
> Hello,
>
> The Configurations Locations wiki page
> (https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Configuration_Locations
> <https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Configuration_Locations>), added in April
> 2018, appears primarily to cover information for GnuCash version 3 and up.

No, it also covers information for GnuCash version 2.6.x. It mentions
specifically when data is only for the 2.x or 3.x series.

> I am not expert enough to say this with authority, but numerous examples
> (e.g., for the GTK aspects) suggest this.
>
> Given that earlier versions of GnuCash are still supported, would someone
> with knowledge of this information be willing to add detail covering
> earlier versions?
>
It seems that when I last edited this file I was mostly focused on gnucash
specific files. The files at the gtk level are indeed only gtk 3 for the
moment. This should be expanded for gtk2 (for which I only know of
$HOME/.gtkrc-2.0 and $HOME/.gtkrc-2.0-gnucash which I have now added to the
list

Geert


_______________________________________________
gnucash-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [GNC-dev] Wiki Page: Configuration Locations

John Ralls-2


> On Oct 14, 2018, at 6:03 AM, Geert Janssens <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Op zondag 14 oktober 2018 14:37:24 CEST schreef David T. via gnucash-devel:
>> Hello,
>>
>> The Configurations Locations wiki page
>> (https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Configuration_Locations
>> <https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Configuration_Locations>), added in April
>> 2018, appears primarily to cover information for GnuCash version 3 and up.
>
> No, it also covers information for GnuCash version 2.6.x. It mentions
> specifically when data is only for the 2.x or 3.x series.
>
>> I am not expert enough to say this with authority, but numerous examples
>> (e.g., for the GTK aspects) suggest this.
>>
>> Given that earlier versions of GnuCash are still supported, would someone
>> with knowledge of this information be willing to add detail covering
>> earlier versions?
>>
> It seems that when I last edited this file I was mostly focused on gnucash
> specific files. The files at the gtk level are indeed only gtk 3 for the
> moment. This should be expanded for gtk2 (for which I only know of
> $HOME/.gtkrc-2.0 and $HOME/.gtkrc-2.0-gnucash which I have now added to the
> list

That’s the legacy default. The preferred default is ~/.config/gtk-2.0/gtkrc; ~/.config can be set to something else with $XDG_CONFIG_HOME. If XDG_CONFIG_DIRS is set Gtk will look in each of them for a gtk-2.0/gtkrc as well.

Regards,
John Ralls

_______________________________________________
gnucash-devel mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnucash.org/mailman/listinfo/gnucash-devel