[GNC-dev] Wiki:Dependencies

GnuCash - Dev mailing list
Hello,

The wiki page on dependencies (https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Dependencies <https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Dependencies>) includes a table that covers dependencies up until version 2.4.0. Does anyone on the devel list have a more up-to-date listing that could be inserted there?

David T.

Re: [GNC-dev] Wiki:Dependencies

GnuCash - Dev mailing list
Never mind. I am stupid sometimes, and can’t read at others.

On 28/10/2018 09:27, David T. via gnucash-devel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The wiki page on dependencies (https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Dependencies <https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Dependencies>) includes a table that covers dependencies up until version 2.4.0. Does anyone on the devel list have a more up-to-date listing that could be inserted there?

Apart from the fact that if you follow the MS model you can't do
reliable backups and no meta data is guaranteed to be anywhere expected?

Why are some dependencies more important than others?

If a math dependency breaks at least the all of the numbers go obviously
wrong.

If a meta location dependency goes wrong we don't find out until someone
loses some data.

Where is the value?

--
Wm

Re: [GNC-dev] Wiki:Dependencies

GnuCash - Dev mailing list
On 28/10/2018 09:27, David T. via gnucash-devel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The wiki page on dependencies (https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Dependencies <https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Dependencies>) includes a table that covers dependencies up until version 2.4.0. Does anyone on the devel list have a more up-to-date listing that could be inserted there?

Build it, let us know if something doesn't work
--
Wm

Re: [GNC-dev] Wiki:Dependencies

David,

I updated the dependency table while rewriting the Linux build instructions
basically from the README.dependecies files in each tagged release of
GnuCash, assuming these were up to date. There is a list with install
instructions for Linux also in the Linux build instructions which adds a few
libraries that may be incorporated in some Linux distros by default but not
in others ( or generally get loaded with other common software).

Sent from: http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/GnuCash-Dev-f1435356.html