[GNC-dev] Ubuntu 16.04 compile: libgwengui-gtk3-0

[GNC-dev] Ubuntu 16.04 compile: libgwengui-gtk3-0

Descending Nerdliness
Greetings:

Compiling GC 3.2 seems to require libgwengui-gtk3-0, but that is not in
the ubuntu 16.04 repository.  When I tried to add a later version from
debian, I ended up having to upgrade all things related to aqbanking,
which eventually killed other things.

I have eliminated aqbanking to get past it, but I really need that
function. Is there a solution to this?

Re: [GNC-dev] Ubuntu 16.04 compile: libgwengui-gtk3-0

John Ralls-2

> On Jul 7, 2018, at 2:17 PM, Descending Nerdliness <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Greetings:
>
> Compiling GC 3.2 seems to require libgwengui-gtk3-0, but that is not in
> the ubuntu 16.04 repository.  When I tried to add a later version from
> debian, I ended up having to upgrade all things related to aqbanking,
> which eventually killed other things.
>
> I have eliminated aqbanking to get past it, but I really need that
> function. Is there a solution to this?

GnuCash has its own copy of gwen-gtk3.0 for just this reason. CMake should detect that you need it and build it, so if it doesn't, examine the CMake output to see why not.

Re: [GNC-dev] Ubuntu 16.04 compile: libgwengui-gtk3-0

I think that you found out why it is unlikely that Gnucash 3.x will
probably never be back ported to Ubuntu 16.04.

You can find Gnucash 2.6.17, Or close to it at Getdeb.  It might be a
little tricky getting alpha vantage to work, though.  I do not quite have
part working yet.

David C

On Sat, Jul 7, 2018, 4:18 PM Descending Nerdliness <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Greetings:
>
> Compiling GC 3.2 seems to require libgwengui-gtk3-0, but that is not in
> the ubuntu 16.04 repository.  When I tried to add a later version from
> debian, I ended up having to upgrade all things related to aqbanking,
> which eventually killed other things.
>
> I have eliminated aqbanking to get past it, but I really need that
> function. Is there a solution to this?

Re: [GNC-dev] Ubuntu 16.04 compile: libgwengui-gtk3-0

Descending Nerdliness
Thanks David.

Thanks John.