[GNC-dev] The variable gnc_fq_update is not defined.

[GNC-dev] The variable gnc_fq_update is not defined.

GnuCash - Dev mailing list
Hello,

Just downloaded Gnucash-3.4-1.dmg from Sourceforge. I opened the DMG, copied Gnucash.app and “FinanceQuote Update.app” to Applications. I decided that I might as well run FinanceQuote Update.app, since I haven’t done so in some time. When I double-click /Applications/FinanceQuote Update.app, I get the above error (screenshot hopefully attached). I’m not sure what could have caused this problem.

Re: [GNC-dev] The variable gnc_fq_update is not defined.

GnuCash - Dev mailing list
I will try again on the attachment…

> On Jan 12, 2019, at 12:02 PM, David T. via gnucash-devel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> Just downloaded Gnucash-3.4-1.dmg from Sourceforge. I opened the DMG, copied Gnucash.app and “FinanceQuote Update.app” to Applications. I decided that I might as well run FinanceQuote Update.app, since I haven’t done so in some time. When I double-click /Applications/FinanceQuote Update.app, I get the above error (screenshot hopefully attached). I’m not sure what could have caused this problem.
>
> David

Re: [GNC-dev] The variable gnc_fq_update is not defined.

John Ralls-2
No joy on the attachment. Maybe put it on pastebin or as a GitHub gist and post a link?

> On Jan 11, 2019, at 10:50 PM, David T. via gnucash-devel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I will try again on the attachment…
>

>> On Jan 12, 2019, at 12:02 PM, David T. via gnucash-devel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Just downloaded Gnucash-3.4-1.dmg from Sourceforge. I opened the DMG, copied Gnucash.app and “FinanceQuote Update.app” to Applications. I decided that I might as well run FinanceQuote Update.app, since I haven’t done so in some time. When I double-click /Applications/FinanceQuote Update.app, I get the above error (screenshot hopefully attached). I’m not sure what could have caused this problem.
>>
>> David

Re: [GNC-dev] The variable gnc_fq_update is not defined.

GnuCash - Dev mailing list
Odd. The message I received from the list had the image.

Rather than belabor the issue, I can say that the only additional bit of information in the dialog is that the message is followed by “(-2753)”, and the buttons are “Edit” and “OK”

David

> On Jan 12, 2019, at 9:25 PM, John Ralls <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> No joy on the attachment. Maybe put it on pastebin or as a GitHub gist and post a link?

>> On Jan 11, 2019, at 10:50 PM, David T. via gnucash-devel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I will try again on the attachment…
>>

>>> On Jan 12, 2019, at 12:02 PM, David T. via gnucash-devel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Just downloaded Gnucash-3.4-1.dmg from Sourceforge. I opened the DMG, copied Gnucash.app and “FinanceQuote Update.app” to Applications. I decided that I might as well run FinanceQuote Update.app, since I haven’t done so in some time. When I double-click /Applications/FinanceQuote Update.app, I get the above error (screenshot hopefully attached). I’m not sure what could have caused this problem.
>>>
>>> David

Re: [GNC-dev] The variable gnc_fq_update is not defined.

John Ralls-2
Huh. Oh well.

Anyway, I just tried it (with both Gnucash.app and Finance Quote Update.app in /Applications) and it worked fine after I got past all of the noise about it not being signed and being downloaded from the internet and all. MacOS 10.14.3 Beta. I renamed my development folder to make sure that it wasn’t finding gnc-fq-update there somehow.

I wonder if the problem is that you hadn’t run GnuCash yet and Gatekeeper is blocking access until it’s checked it out.

> On Jan 12, 2019, at 11:29 AM, David T. <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Odd. The message I received from the list had the image.
>
> Rather than belabor the issue, I can say that the only additional bit of information in the dialog is that the message is followed by “(-2753)”, and the buttons are “Edit” and “OK”
>
> David
>
>> On Jan 12, 2019, at 9:25 PM, John Ralls <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> No joy on the attachment. Maybe put it on pastebin or as a GitHub gist and post a link?
>>
>> Regards,
>> John Ralls
>>

>>> On Jan 11, 2019, at 10:50 PM, David T. via gnucash-devel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I will try again on the attachment…

Re: [GNC-dev] The variable gnc_fq_update is not defined.

GnuCash - Dev mailing list
Nope. I get this error every time, even after running GC3.4 numerous times.

Since I've given up on retrieving stock quotes anyhow, and I've given up on looking at what my portfolio is doing lately (ignorance may not be bliss, but it cuts down on the stress), I guess I'll just let this one slide.

David

On January 13, 2019, at 7:36 AM, John Ralls <[hidden email]> wrote:

Huh. Oh well.

Anyway, I just tried it (with both Gnucash.app and Finance Quote Update.app in /Applications) and it worked fine after I got past all of the noise about it not being signed and being downloaded from the internet and all. MacOS 10.14.3 Beta. I renamed my development folder to make sure that it wasn’t finding gnc-fq-update there somehow.

I wonder if the problem is that you hadn’t run GnuCash yet and Gatekeeper is blocking access until it’s checked it out.

> On Jan 12, 2019, at 11:29 AM, David T. <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Odd. The message I received from the list had the image.
>
> Rather than belabor the issue, I can say that the only additional bit of information in the dialog is that the message is followed by “(-2753)”, and the buttons are “Edit” and “OK”
>
> David
>
>> On Jan 12, 2019, at 9:25 PM, John Ralls <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> No joy on the attachment. Maybe put it on pastebin or as a GitHub gist and post a link?
>>
>> Regards,
>> John Ralls
>>

>>> On Jan 11, 2019, at 10:50 PM, David T. via gnucash-devel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I will try again on the attachment…

Re: [GNC-dev] The variable gnc_fq_update is not defined.

John Ralls-2
OK. Should you change your mind you can always update F::Q by running
  sudo /Applications/GnuCash/Contents/Resources/bin/gnc-fq-update
in Terminal.