[GNC-dev] Tax Report Options: Payer Name Source Option

[GNC-dev] Tax Report Options: Payer Name Source Option

GnuCash - Dev mailing list
Hello,

On the Tax Report Options dialog, there is an option named “Payer Name Source” that once allowed the user to select “Current Account” or “Parent Account” as needed. This option, when set to “Parent Account" would force the TXF report to roll the information in a child account up to its parent (i.e., Expenses:Charity:MyCharity would display in the TXF report under Expenses:Charity).

I say “once” because I cannot seem to get this option now to activate; it is always greyed out. I have checked this in GC3.4 and GC2.6.19 on MacOS Mojave; it is not active in either. I know that it worked at some point, since I used it. Now, I cannot get it active to set.

Ideas?

David T.

Re: [GNC-dev] Tax Report Options: Payer Name Source Option

Alex Aycinena-2
David,

The feature is not intended to work with all TXF Categories (for example,
expenses:Charity).

It is intended for things like Interest and Dividends where you may have,
say dividends, credited to a sub-account of the brokerage (e.g., the
security sub-account, say, IBM) but Schedule B wants the total dividends
shown by the parent not the payer (e.g., the broker, say, Morgan Stanley
who sends you your 1099-DIV). This allows the report to collect these all
together for you. (For it to work properly, all the sub-accounts need to be
directly under the parent, as is pointed out in the documentation, I
believe).

Check under Income with Dividends to see if it not greyed out.

Regards,

Alex

Re: [GNC-dev] Tax Report Options: Payer Name Source Option

GnuCash - Dev mailing list
Alex,

Thanks for the clarification. My example was unfortunate; my actual experience was with income accounts--precisely for dividend income accounts, for the reason you indicated. Still greyed out.

David

On January 22, 2019, at 3:57 AM, Alex Aycinena <[hidden email]> wrote:

David,